Parking at the Old Cut Marina

Jimmy Riggin

To help clarify the parking situation please read the following:

Old Cut Marina Ltd. is charging $10 to park on their property between the boat houses (which used to be roped off by the previous owner). They have security cameras on their property to help ensure the safety of your vehicle. They have also installed a Jimmy Jon for use of their customers. They have permission to plow the end of the road which is not township property but MNR property.
The access is free for anyone to use. There are no parking zones on Rogers Ave. These are in place to ensure 2 lanes of traffic can flow through. There is parking along the east side of Rogers Ave, until the end where the road is no longer the township's but MNR's where there is no parking. On Rogers Ave. towards Old Cut Blvd. there is parking on both sides of the road. We have a map in the store to help explain where the free public parking is.

Rotten Ronnie's not setting up a second location at Old Cut Marina.
We are selling Parking Permits here at Rotten Ronnie's for Old Cut Marina ltd.

We hope that helps bring some clarity to the situation.

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

Just can't get enough. For years it's been great there, now with the high price of gas to get there they want whats left in your pocket.
What they should do is put a rope across the causeway, then yous can have your little domain for your selves.[:(!]
Have to charge, never heard the likes.
Last money I spend over there.

Thanks for the clarification Jimmy. Are you leaving the huts out during this warm spell, or bringing them in?

Jimmy makes it clear here that there is free parking available and has a map to it at the store. Seems like that is an option for those who are willing to park farther away and walk it. These men are in business and are trying to make a living too (and they help me keep this site up and running through sponsorship dollars). I don't think that it is unreasonable that they charge for parking on their land.

Yep, and you have to pay for parking in St. Williams too!
Everyone should stay away, more room for me ... lol

I moved the huts in to shore so they don't freeze in i will be putting them back out on thursday. There was any were from 7 to 10 inches of good ice under my huts today I will also ride out and give a ice report on wendsday and tell you what is happening.

Thanks Jimmy

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

Thanks Jimmy. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the cold snap comes before too much damage is done.

quote:
Originally posted by Consequence Free

Are receipts provided? I can use it for my taxes. (Need the HST # for it to be valid, mind you.)

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

X2

Like I said on the St Williams post/thread if you are so concerned about the parking situation and having to pay $10, I suggest parking out near EC10 they don't charge or ticket out there.

Always could use more structure in the inner bay. A nice pickup truck reef would be cool.Just try to stay slightly away from the channel though.

Thanks for the info. Just need some clarification. Do I need to purchase a permit at rotten ronnies or are they also available on site? Also because I normally rent a hut but am now able to go it alone this info is fantastic, answered all my thoughts. Anyway maybe a dumb question but where is rotten ronnies and is that where I will find minnows?

Endeavour to Persevere

quote:
Originally posted by Consequence Free

Are receipts provided? I can use it for my taxes. (Need the HST # for it to be valid, mind you.)

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

Just curious but I have to ask....under what tax law are you allowed to claim parking expenses for ice fishing??

FREE PARKING during ice fishing season at Old Cut Boat Livery! Our parking lot is open for you to use during ice fishing season, free of charge. Please park in line with other vehicles to make room for everyone. Be safe and Happy Fishing!

Old Cut Boat Livery
www.facebook.com/oldcut

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Farmer

Just can't get enough. For years it's been great there, now with the high price of gas to get there they want whats left in your pocket.
What they should do is put a rope across the causeway, then yous can have your little domain for your selves.[:(!]
Have to charge, never heard the likes.
Last money I spend over there.

FREE PARKING during ice fishing season at Old Cut Boat Livery! Our parking lot is open for you to use during ice fishing season, free of charge. Please park in line with other vehicles to make room for everyone. Be safe and Happy Fishing!

Old Cut Boat Livery
www.facebook.com/oldcut

Some are just plane greedy!!! Others know that summer is the time to be making money off the fishermen down there.Thanks for your continued support Old Cut Livery.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

Thank you very much sir. I'll make sure to launch at your place in the summertime
I'll tell my Buddy's. I have launched and bought minnows from you in the passed.
Thank you very much.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks