Paid my $15.00 for moose tag

SouthernOntariosportsman

3 chioces for moose, paid my $15. and just sighed.... Can't wait to do it again next year, and year after, etc........... till i'm 80

Just have to wait and see how it turns out.
If you're in a group you can plan a strategy for application.
Problem solve and join the lottery😊

$15 for a point
If little points no sense entering the “draw”

I’ll likely be buying a point for myself and fiancé for the next 5-10 years

will find out how many points needed for tags in certain units in the future to find out exactly how long of a wait it will be

but I’ll be willing to go way up to guarantee a tag sooner rather than later

Agreed. Sad. Tax paying Ontario residents can not reliably access a resource which they ‘own’. Meanwhile hundreds of tags are given to Non-Resident owned outfitters which are then sold to Non-Resident hunters. While some may argue this is ‘tourism’ I would offer the argument that the bulk of that revenue goes stateside with the outfitter when the season is finished. Some of that revenue is even from tax paying Ontario residents who’s only option to hunt is to buy a tag through one of those outfitters. It’s completely backwards.

Paid my $15 I’ll likely be going right to a point as I’m sure the zones I picked are high demand.
I didn’t even allocate holiday time for the moose week this year assuming I won’t get a tag.
I also paid my yearly dues for the Elk which I assume is $15 a year for the rest of my life with no chance of ever drawing a tag to hunt Elk in Ontario

I was going to get the elk tag, but then saw 22 total elk for harvest with last years amount of people that applied is 2048. so no elk for this guy, outfitter it will be, at least they can put me on one. and not have to wait. WTF is wrong with ONTERRIBLE?lol

I was going to get the elk tag, but then saw 22 total elk for harvest with last years amount of people that applied is 2048. so no elk for this guy, outfitter it will be, at least they can put me on one. and not have to wait. WTF is wrong with ONTERRIBLE?lol
I hear yah on the odds of drawing a tag..
but it’s only $15, I’ll likely only be healthy enough to hunt for another 30-40 years 🤞
Which will only amount to $600 over 40 years. So I figure I can spare the $15/year for the chance...
I also love the area that the elk are in..
also 40 years from now I’ll be 75 so the 40 years thing is probably a stretch

Not sure of the algorithm used for the draw.. or if it’s completely random.. but maybe I’ll get picked at some point.. who knows..

If it has anything to do with how many times you’ve applied I’d like to get some applications banked maybe/Hopefully within the 40 years the number of elk will increase and create more opportunities..

For sure one day I’ll pay the big $$ for an outfitter in Alberta or something. One day. One day

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks