Our Exciting Adventure With Jimmy Riggins

Helmut

Took of for an afternoon charter with Jimmy Riggns out of North Erie marina. Weather was beauty but winds were high. The wife and I took our neice and nephew out for their first run on the big water. Gravol was the order of the day for sure.
Trip went out to the 60+ft mark and fishing commenced. We had our first hit in about 2 minutes. The fishing was constant with six fish coming in about 30 mins total. I knew this would be a quick charter. UNTILLLL the coast guard call came in for a boat taking on water. Let the adventure begin. Jimmy responed to the call as he should have. Coast guard gave him the co-ordinates and off we go 7 miles to the scene. We get ther and no boat. My worry now is they have sunk. Coast guard comes on with different co-ordinates 7 miles east of where we were. Clearly the distressed guys gave wrong ones first. So off we go the other way. Now the seas have kicked up and rolling really good about 1 meter waves. Neice is sick(green as green gets) even I am feeling it. Finally we see the boat and by now the auxillary rescue boat is with us. As we pull up I notice the boat that is taking on water is still riding high so they time to spare and the 2 occupants are safe. Anyway we pull off. My niece is a wreck by now so I request JImmy to just head in. We have 7 really nice pics in the boat out of a possible 12.
Once back we squared up with Jimmy off we went adventure completed.
Jimmy being the class guy I always heard he was told us to come back half price next time. Very nice.
As far as the captain goes>> dont hesitate to charter Jimmy. He is very freindly and has no problem at all giving info on why and how he is doing things. Awsome guy who clearly belongs in the business of dealing with people. Good Job Jimmy
Pci 1 wife and I in Double header
Pic 2 me with my only pic of the day.(had 2 sheepies as well)
pic 3 neice and nephew with their pics
pic 4 Jimmy and the wife. LOL she would not touch the fish. But god bless her she will bait her own hooks pearching
P1010263.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010247.jpg

Great photos and report. Nice to read of a guy willing to run 14 miles trying to help others.

Is that Ryan in the 2nd and 3rd pic ? if so I worked with him at toyota .

Nice fish to

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Yeah STomp he's a good guy. I can only imagine the fuel cost for that run. The sea were really high and he was bucking them pretty hard to get there too.

quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

you bet it's Ryan. I also work at the TOY. Maint GL Plastics

Haha tell him Shawn from trim 1 says hi LOL

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks