Off Topic Oopah! Self-isolating Greek Style!

If you're going to be stuck at home, it's nice to have a good cook stuck there with you. @Mrs. Stomp outdid herself tonight! Grilled chicken souvlaki, Greek salad, gigantes, fresh pita, feta, tzatziki...
View attachment 21749
@stomp that's a great looking meal I can just smell the aroma by looking at the picture. My wife is not Greek but she makes amazing souvlaki with lemon potatoes and tzatziki sauce and Greek salad
Enjoy ?

Looks great @stomp. My wife was never much of a Greek food fan until she was pregnant with our first and I brought home souvlaki for myself only to see her eat it all, after that I had to make Greek food runs all the time for her! I promised the Mrs a date out to Mykonos once this blows over (y)

Looks great @stomp. My wife was never much of a Greek food fan until she was pregnant with our first and I brought home souvlaki for myself only to see her eat it all, after that I had to make Greek food runs all the time for her! I promised the Mrs a date out to Mykonos once this blows over (y)
Certainly inspired by Myknonos @Extra Virgin and you're right @packrat a little fish would have been good but my boy is deathly allergic.

@stomp... Wow I'm impressed you must have been a really good boy for a change for momma to put herself out like that. :smuggrin: We don't know how to cook Greek food so the wife and I will just have to suffer through this with Angus prime rib roast tonight. ?

@stomp... Wow I'm impressed you must have been a really good boy for a change for momma to put herself out like that. :smuggrin: We don't know how to cook Greek food so the wife and I will just have to suffer through this with Angus prime rib roast tonight. ?

Again, same thing I said to hvyhaul Bob.......must be tough to have to suffer like that......how ever will you be able to "force" yourself to choke it down:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I have to thank you @Wave Runner. The wife and I suffer with "Wally meat" from time to time as well. Tonight's supper for example, yum. :giggle:??

Yeah, I have to thank you @Wave Runner. The wife and I suffer with "Wally meat" from time to time as well. Tonight's supper for example, yum. :giggle:??

Well, I won't regale you with the details of what my wife and I are having for supper tonight.......mainly because I haven't figured it out yet, and I won't post a picture tonight of it either because every time I do, someone always gives me :poop: when I do. But I have walleye, perch, steaks, chicken, a roast beef, a turkey or multiple packages of hamburger with which I could do several different things ie shepards pie, lasagna, spaghetti etc to choose from........OR I could cheat and go with the frozen stuff we have like frozen pizza's, tv dinners, meat pies, burgers, both chicken and beef. There's pyrogies and hot dogs out there too....OR I could really cheat and go with the canned stuff like soups, which would go with sandwiches. Then there's the Ravioli and stuff like that too.........and then again I could always just do bacon and eggs...or maybe we just order in if I'm feeling overly lazy. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Trevor M, I like your menu, something for everyone and everyday.

I keep pausing to look at the frozen pizza each time I open the freezer, but that's for when things get desperate. :oops::eek::LOL:

Cheezy cardboard, yummy! ?

@Trevor M, I like your menu, something for everyone and everyday.

I keep pausing to look at the frozen pizza each time I open the freezer, but that's for when things get desperate. :oops::eek::LOL:

Cheezy cardboard, yummy! ?

The menu is fairly diverse yep. The biggest problem I have with it is 1) choosing which protein I wanna use, and then 2) figuring out what I wanna do with it (remember, used to be a chef before I was a truck driver so I have LOTS of recipes I can choose from and then its a matter of how hard do I feel like working) 3) If I make it will my wife actually eat it can be an issue once in a while too :ROFLMAO:

Ya gotta do what I do with the frozen pizza's. My wife like's em the way they are.....so I do one for her, and any left overs she gets for lunch the next day......and I do one for me......which I add stuff to.....so its a better pizza :p.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks