ooops lure mess

skinny

ok I just pulled out a tote that I use on my boat to hold some tackle and scent stuff. near the end of last year I got into bad habbit when changing lures i would toss the cut off one in this tote and when I got home i would put the tackle away. Well seems I didn't do the put aay thing last time. I have found a bunch of tackle in this tote mostly top frogs and the tails are sticky and stuck to themselves.
what is best way to clean these (going to try a soapy water)
I'm hoping to fix these some are spro and true tungstun

any help will be great

skinny, not sure about that one.

One big NO NO when it comes to fishing plastics is to mix different plastics. Especially the plastics like Strike King 3X plastics. Also, even though most companies use silicone skirts for baits (jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits) some still use latex (rubber).

I would bet if you have some spinner baits (silicone) mixed in with some frogs (latex) you now have some really new baits that are a combination of both. :)

All joking aside, I would try using something natural like borax or old fashioned baking soda. I have heard some guys will try soaking baits in WD40 or similar product to help separate the plastics

Obviously soaking too long in any solution could do more harm than good...to both hooks and plastics.

Good luck.

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)
2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

well I think I got lucky I soaked everything in hot water and it seems like everything will be ok.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks