OLIEBOLLEN

HTHM

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Here is a recipe to share with you all. (It's what the original Tim Hortons Dutchies were based on)

OLIEBOLLEN

1 envelope dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 eggs - well beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups raisins (optional - soaked in rum or brandy overnight)
3 peeled and diced apples

Lemon Juice (sprinkle over diced apple to preserve them)

Soak yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup of water. Add eggs, salt, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of milk. Beat in flour, proceeding slowly. Add raisins and apples.

Cover bowl and let rise for 1 1/2 hours. Drop by spoonfuls into hot frying oil (325 - 350 degrees). Brown both sides and sprinkle with icing sugar while still warm.

Here is a recipe to share with you all. (It's what the original Tim Hortons Dutchies were based on)

OLIEBOLLEN

1 envelope dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 eggs - well beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups raisins (optional - soaked in rum or brandy overnight)
3 peeled and diced apples

Lemon Juice (sprinkle over diced apple to preserve them)

Soak yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup of water. Add eggs, salt, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of milk. Beat in flour, proceeding slowly. Add raisins and apples.

Cover bowl and let rise for 1 1/2 hours. Drop by spoonfuls into hot frying oil (325 - 350 degrees). Brown both sides and sprinkle with icing sugar while still warm.
I have a batch on the go... had to try them out! They are on the rise and will be on the fry later today.

I have a batch on the go... had to try them out! They are on the rise and will be on the fry later today.
Use a wet small dessert spoon to scoop the batter, and post some pics when done.

lookin good----around this time of year I go on the hunt for Polish doughnuts (PACZKI) and pig out on them

DInner is officially cancelled now that I have inhaled a *few* of these little gems! The batter rose really well and the tip for using wet spoon worked beautifully (thanks @HTHM). I let the oil get a bit too hot part way through - the perils of deep frying in a pan using a thermometer rather than an official appliance - but recovered through waiting for the oil to cool down to 350. They are awesome straight out of the fry but I did leave a few for later. Glad I went for that long walk this aft.

1613944265484.png

DInner is officially cancelled now that I have inhaled a *few* of these little gems! The batter rose really well and the tip for using wet spoon worked beautifully (thanks @HTHM). I let the oil get a bit too hot part way through - the perils of deep frying in a pan using a thermometer rather than an official appliance - but recovered through waiting for the oil to cool down to 350. They are awesome straight out of the fry but I did leave a few for later. Glad I went for that long walk this aft.

View attachment 37954
They look very well done, but I don't see any raisins. Reach around and pat yourself on the back.
Kind of fun when they just roll on their own after touching them in the oil, eh?

They look very well done, but I don't see any raisins. Reach around and pat yourself on the back.
Kind of fun when they just roll on their own after touching them in the oil, eh?
You're right about no raisins. One one of our family members is a no-raisin gal (not me!) and I knew she would love them without. And yeah, it was great when they self-determined when a flip was needed. Great recipe!

Use a wet small dessert spoon to scoop the batter, and post some pics when done.
@HTHM using a 'small dessert spoon" and your list of ingredients what is the yield? I'm a family of 3 and methinks I'll be having a ton of leftovers. (which might, or might not, be a bad thing)

Thanks

Maybe after my next Dr appointment. LOL

That'll give me at least three months get my sugar etc back in line. 😥🤗

@HTHM using a 'small dessert spoon" and your list of ingredients what is the yield? I'm a family of 3 and methinks I'll be having a ton of leftovers. (which might, or might not, be a bad thing)

Thanks
About two dozen

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks