Old Cut Wednesday January 26,2011

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I fished solo from the Old Cut Today,from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.,about 2 miles out in around 6.5 feet of water,near Jimmy Riggin`s Ice Huts.The best bite for me was around 11 a.m to 12 p.m.,and then also at around 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.,after I moved my portable Hut in a different location,but still near most of the Hut`s.I talked to a few other angler`s on my way back to shore,and it sounded like a Hit & Miss for Bites,but most did have success,around the Hut`s.I ended up with a few perch,and the walk out and back on the ice,was quite a work-out.8DI talked to Jimmy on my way back in,and he told me that early morning the bite is the best.I might haved to take his Taxi Service the next time,to get me out there quicker.I didn`t return back to Town after my 1.5 hour drive from Long Point Bay,till 6:30 p.m.,I will post some picture`s tomorrow,after I sort them out first.I thought I would post my day out from today,just in case other Angler`s where wondering on how the Fishing was Today.Good Luck to Everyone.

RED FISH

Thankyou for sharing your day Red Herring. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics you took. Huron.

great report,I have been out every other day at all times from 6 to 6 an the best time i found was when we caught lol, wasn't that often one two 12"ers an they were gone.Small ones around most spots even those didn't care. Well thats why its called fishin .thanks for the fishin info ( will post next outin).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks