OK Am I doing This Thing The Hard Way (Licences)

trky chsr

OK I just applied for the controlled hunt and so far between a single turkey licence, applying for the antlerless tag (along with my deer licence purchase) I have 10 sheets of paper. Is there an easier and more environmentally friendly way of doing this? TC

Not the way our government works I'm afraid.

I put my gang's names in at Simcoe Service Ontario office and like you walked away with a pile of paper. I much preferred them printing out a little plastic tag for me to use. At least then when you spend 44 dollars you feel like you got something. So a lot of stores that sold licences have quit doing so due to the cost of replacing the system needed meaning less service to us the end user. Oh sure , if you have a computer and printer you can go online and do it yourself but some old timers don't. So now you have to use your ink and paper to produce a official document that you must safeguard it's condition so in case you get checked it is functional and legible . So what does MNR suggest... go buy a luggage tag or use a ziplock sandwich bag... really ?

if you want..you can create an online account with either your outdoors card or your email address...email address works better for me..as you will get updates for big game reporting times and do it online..

I just applied online for my controled hunt..took 5 minutes..deer licence purchase can wait till Nov..
a duck stamp purchase is a trip to the post office..

ya my bear licence & tag went in a ziplock bag and in my day pack..

if your online here ...you can go online there...www.huntandfishontario.com/Account/Login

need assistance...MNR business hours 1- 800-387-7011

Have a great & enjoyable hunting season

if you want..you can create an online account with either your outdoors card or your email address...email address works better for me..as you will get updates for big game reporting times and do it online..

I just applied online for my controled hunt..took 5 minutes..deer licence purchase can wait till Nov..
a duck stamp purchase is a trip to the post office..

ya my bear licence & tag went in a ziplock bag and in my day pack..

if your online here ...you can go online there...www.huntandfishontario.com/Account/Login

need assistance...MNR business hours 1- 800-387-7011

Have a great & enjoyable hunting season

Oh I have the online account and everything and yes the system is pretty simple but it seems a waste to have to print a complete summary every time with the same info on it. The thing that really ticked me off though was I wanted to print a confirmation that I applied for the controlled hunt (you used to get a reference number) but when I printed from the link supplied on the page it printed out the darn summary with nothing to indicate I applied for the controlled hunt. I had to go back a page and print it a different way. Of course if I'm drawn I will once again have to print off another summary with the same info on it again. TC

To view your application for your controlled hunt...log back into your account and click draw results located top right and you will have it right there..take note of your details and group #...I took a photo of mine with my cell phone to have a record ..I am NOT printing until I get drawn & then I buy my deer licence..

Like you said the new system is pretty simple and we are learning & adapting as we go..

Going forward will probably get an email stating our draw results & successful ..and then its back online login to our account and print your validation tag..

I printed out my tags yesterday. I have a vac sealer so I vac sealed each tag keeps them intact till I do the deed.

I printed out my tag and license summary yesterday. 2 sheets of paper.
I'll have to print out my Controlled Hunt Validation when the time comes. That's another sheet.

A hunter can drag a deer half a mile through the woods without batting an eye. Give him a 3 pieces of paper and a ziploc and he'll whine like crazy.

I was going to buy an additional tag but I'm afraid the 4th sheet will throw my back out.

I welcome the changes, makes things much easier..and big game reporting online should increase.. that will help manage our big game animals and look for increased hunting oppurtunitys..I would expect the 5 year spring bear pilot project will become an annual event..

Just to mention I signed up to help a little ... I received a PKG from our federal agency Enviroment & Climate Change Canada..for sending in my harvested duck wings to The Canadian Wildlife Service...I received 10 envelops to send in 10 different wings for them to study...including filling out specific data and the location & date of the harvested duck..These waterfowl studies are looking for all waterfowl to study across the country...the envelopes are Canada Post paid..

If you have a cell phone you don't need to print and carry your summary, just download to your phone. Tags you have to print and carry.

If you have a cell phone you don't need to print and carry your summary, just download to your phone. Tags you have to print and carry.
What happens when it falls in the water or the battery dies? You're then a Canadian paper criminal...

Unfortunately I'm a dinosaur (and cheap), I have a cell phone but no data plan so this wouldn't work for me. Plus electronics fail, that's why I print everything. TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks