Off topic, maybe not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@14ft_boat... Hey I wish that this could have a fairy tale ending as you believe but this is the reality. The US publisher Ward's estimates that as of 2017, there were over 1.2 billion motor vehicles in use in the world so obviously tens if not hundreds of millions more in 2019. This figure represents the number of cars, trucks (light, medium and heavy duty), and buses, but does not include off-road vehicles or heavy construction equipment. I don't know what your smoking but come on do you really think your going replace over a billion vehicles let alone heavy construction with electric??? They have used diesel electric in ships, trains etc. for many years but they still need the diesel to run the generators to power the electric motors or they can't go anywhere. Even if you could the electric grids are maxed to capacity where the U.S. needs 5 trillion dollars to upgrade their grid just to meet demands at present so where are you going to get the hydro from to charge over a billion vehicles? If you think the massive quantities of electricity needed can come from wind and solar your not thinking too straight. The solar panels have dropped 80% only because China is mass producing them but at a horrible environmental cost not only the tune of over a million Chinese deaths per years from the toxins created but to the rest of the world as well. This documents the dirty side of your so-called clean green energy no environmentalist wants to talk about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mo...er-experiment-Pollution-disastrous-scale.html

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5650

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is embarrassing.

My takeaways:
  • God created this earth and will take care of everything in the end. A book written by men, found in the desert says so and God gave us dominion to "have at it"...so we are.
  • Science is deemed all wrong since some past scientific theorems were proven wrong, hence all science is forever wrong now and in the future, believe nothing except Fox News.
  • A newspaper cartoonist's joke is more credible than any well educated scientists postulations. Plus it's funny and that's more important.
  • It's cold today at my house, and hence by default the world is also cold, screw the polar bears as they were not asked for their opinion.
  • I drive a 4X4 truck, I am to blame but won't admit it.
  • A highly educated physicist can theorize the existence of black holes in the universe strictly by mathematics and observations of heavenly bodies in motion, then in a few years find the proof...yet he will be told he is full of crap because the pseudo-science of Phrenology was a hoax a hundred years ago. 2+2=5 always (1984)
  • We live in a democracy where the masses have reached critical population density.
  • We are all doomed

Here is the truth: (Warning-Big Words Ahead)

All the vegetation and marine-life that was laid down in the Carboniferous, Ordovician, Devonian and a few other eras that turned into the coal and oil/gas we burn today came from a very warm, humid land with oceans and land masses not what they are today. CO2 levels were very high, high enough to promote that huge growth and trap the heat that plants and organisms loved. (Hell, only a billion years before that, oxygen was not even in our atmosphere before cyano-bacteria showed up). Through 10's of millions and millions of years of gradual sequestration of carbon in dead, buried plant life, CO2 levels slowly came down as the carbon was locked up in coal and oil, and the earth cooled a bit.

In a process that took 10's of millions of years to lock it down, guess what happens when it is released very quickly? Go ahead...guess! In about a hundred man years, millions of years worth of carbon is released, global average temp goes up, maybe 2-4C worldwide, no biggie right? But almost unseen by Joe-Plumber is that oceans slowly rise, ice caps melt, CO2 dissolves into the oceans decreasing pH and the coral dies since it cant make carbonate, sea levels rise and millions of people who live along coasts will be flooded. Thousands of species of animals will perish because they cannot react quick enough. Sure, it will be a good thing for plants, plants love extra CO2 gas, corn will thrive!!!...and yes, people will survive because we have technology to adapt. You may not care about coastal people in Sri Lanka, or Bangladesh, or even along the Gulf of Mexico, but sooner or later you will.

Now, you may call the science of Carboniferous eras and such BS, because that's maybe your thing to BS what you do not know. But like another poster here, I also work in the oil and gas industry as a chemist. Guess how the highly paid geologists working in O&G exploration look for new oil fields? Yes...they look for the geologies of the eras it was produced, looking for evidence a certain shale 500 feet down was actually Ordovician or Devonian or Carboniferous. See, the O&G guys know the science of it all, they know how this whole thing works, but the billions of $ have them believing if it's not them, then it will be someone else who gets rich, so the take the money and run. Sad thing is the general masses have no f'ing idea and as this thread shows..do not want to know.

But hey...no where is that on Fox News or in the Bible, so it's fake news.

War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength.

Thanks King Joe, keep the faith brother!

But hey...no where is that on Fox News or in the Bible, so it's fake news.

Ok... Now I understand where such arrogance comes from. Far lefters always believe their ideas or opinions are the only ones that matter and anyone that disagrees is an idiot. They believe all debates are over when one doesn't share their loon ideology. :rolleyes: Maybe that's called a Caseys Dream?

I might also add that for one that works in the oil and gas industry then spew off like you did I think your on the level of hypocrisy of an Al Gore. Who's home uses more energy than the 65 homes around him combined and flies the skies constantly pounding out quantum loads jet fuel emissions while telling everyone to stop doing what he hypocritically does without thought every day. The rules only apply to the little guy never to him and obviously not to you as well.(n)

Last edited:
Yup, gotta keep my Super Elite status on Air Canada up using huge amounts of jet fuel (not quantum as that is a discrete and usually small amount, I use A LOT!) trying to hug as many left leaning trees and babies as I can.

Me, Al Gore and David Suzuki (met him actually once in the Maple Leaf Lounge in YYZ, we were both flying first class hahaha)

Am I far lefter?
Are you a far righter?

As far as debate, there is no debating going on here on this site. This is the kinda stuff you hear from suspender wearing men at the Tim Hortons. Debate? You guys want to debate????

I am already labelled by you a loon, a libtard, a tree hugging communist. You do not want to debate me, you call me names instead.

And saying I am a high level hypocrite because I work in Oil and Gas is actually pretty funny, but very ignorant.

Do you know what I do there? Do you think I'm the guy driving the oil sand-filled loader? or the guy with my hand on the 100 foot flare stack valve making a bet with another dude wearing blue coveralls on how long it will take to melt the snow on the ground if I really honk on it?

Believe me sir, I am no hypocrite. I'm one of the group that makes sure the oil guys can split the oil from the water without polluting the planet, using crazy chemistry to help demulsify the soup that comes from the ground, keeping the water clean enough to be used again and keeping the environmental footprint as small as humanely possible. Coming up with ways to scavenge H2S from the fluid and gas streams so people can safely work. We keep this industry from killing the planet...if you have ever seen an aerial shot of FT Mac, imagine it without people like me and what we do. You can't imagine.

No sir, I am not a hypocrite, neither am I an uneducated man who like the chick that cuts my hair believes in conspiracy theories and all this green house gas thing is just a tax grab...without ever, and I mean ever studying the matter at all.

Anyway sir. I am out of this thread as it is clear we have no common ground.

Another uneducated (politely put) member of our society, that think it's OK to continue to rape mother Earth at the same rate we have been doing for the past couple of centuries. Volcanoes produce about 0.645 billion tons of CO2 per year while humans produce about 29 billion tons per year. That's roughly 44 times more CO2 than volcanoes!
Humans are the major force behind the current climate change. Yes, it is not the first or the last climate change in Earth history. But what apparently a lot of members of this board fail to realize it's the fastest in history. The changes that took thousands+ years in the past, now happening within a span of our life. I would think that you, at the fisherman, should realize that all this pollution and deforestation on a large scale can only have a negative impact on Earth and climate in particular.
Nothing wrong with driving a truck, but how about shutting it off while you are loading or unloading your boat? Start with yourself as I always say, so your grand kids can still enjoy of what is left of this beautiful planet.
better park your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks