Off Topic-Corona virus discussion, Tim's over 55 daily morning perv club results?

Even #6 mentions you gain immunity after being infected.....I’ve read of some ppl having recovered and then got reinfected, so 6 is false if whet I’ve read is true, this isn’t like chicken pox!

Anybody that is thinking of travelling to countries where they have issued a travel advisory because of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you better check out your travel insurance carefully. My Green Shield Travel Insurance emailed me a PDF file of updated coverage due to the coronavirus that states this.

GSC (Green Shield Canada) Update: The latest info on the coronavirus and travel implications
What does it mean for my coverage if I travel to an area after a travel advisory has been issued by
the Government of Canada?
Any medical claims related to condition(s) for which the advisory was issued will not be eligible.
Extensions to travel coverage beyond the maximum number of days will not be considered if you are
stranded in a location due to quarantine.

I am just going to leave my 2 cents here - once you are 10 feet away from a terrorist with a knife running at you, some of the world's problems appear a little... different :) , for lack of a better word.

Of course we should stay vigilant, keep our hands clean (especially after cleaning walleyes and lakers and salmons and steelheads) etc, and calm down.

Now that the schools are closing for 2 more weeks after the March break, I will be able to work from home with somewhat flexible hours. So I wonder where do I order a good weather for these upcoming 2 weeks?

Cheers

1584107550284.png

Best Methods For Staying Safe From Coronavirus

Frequently wash your hands with antibacterial soap or sanitizer to ensure the next epidemic-level pathogen has built up an immunity.

Make sure any bat or pangolin meat you cook reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit in order to kill all bacteria.

Keep calm by remembering that the U.S. pharmaceutical industry is working around the clock to find the most profitable vaccine.

Become an epidemiologist by earning your doctorate of public health (DrPH). Johns Hopkins has the best program for sure, but also maybe consider applying to Drexel as a safety school? It’s not that we don’t think you’ll get into Hopkins, it’s just, you know, always smart to have options. Philly’s actually supposed to be a pretty cool city.

If you believe you’ve contracted the disease, ask your employer about dying-from-home options.

Limit the amount of people your germs could potentially spread to by sneezing directly into the mouth of the person nearest to you.

Be sure to isolate any sick family members in a separate room to ensure a clean head-shot.

We hear good things about turmeric, so maybe give that a shot.

Remove any infected blood that may be running through your circulatory system.

Be vigilant if traveling on a commercial airline. If you believe a passenger may be infected, be prepared to rush the cockpit and crash the plane to save America.
I knew we could count on you for a sensible solution. (y) ;):cool:

Anybody that is thinking of travelling to countries where they have issued a travel advisory because of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) you better check out your travel insurance carefully. My Green Shield Travel Insurance emailed me a PDF file of updated coverage due to the coronavirus that states this.

GSC (Green Shield Canada) Update: The latest info on the coronavirus and travel implications
What does it mean for my coverage if I travel to an area after a travel advisory has been issued by
the Government of Canada?
Any medical claims related to condition(s) for which the advisory was issued will not be eligible.
Extensions to travel coverage beyond the maximum number of days will not be considered if you are
stranded in a location due to quarantine.

Insurance companies should be eliminating any and all coverage related to covid 19 for international travellers. Send a message.

School is closed for 2 weeks.
NHL, NBA, MLB are suspended.
Minor sports leagues are closed.
Thousands are now working from home.
Many public events are cancelled.

And yet some idiots still think this is a joke and that it's okay to travel everywhere like normal? It's these selfish people who're spreading this virus....

Sunday, March 8, 2020
New York's COVID-19 outbreak: How big cities are coping | The Weekly with Wendy Mesley

New York is under a state of emergency as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to rise. Officials are also worried the virus is spreading undetected, because there's a shortage of test kits.

A Uber Driver who tested positive walked into a Hospital in Queens and now 40 Drs. and Nurses are in lockdown. A Downtown Lawyer who was the 1st non travel Covid-19 case in New York is likely now have infected 1000’s.

Last edited:
I'm spreading Canadian politeness yet showing how strong our fatty livers can handle their weak beers.

My intestines may not be able to handle sawmill gravy on everything like I could in my 20's. I'd still rather be here secluded in a remote trailer park in northern Florida punching beers and googling wtf I just caught from the pier than fighting a line at costco for shit tickets and water!

No point in me heading home to just self quarantine for two weeks where the shelves are empty. I'd rather stay here where the shelves are full as is my liver while the Mrs drives my sotally tober rear end home ?(y)

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_2008063.jpg
    IMG_20200310_2008063.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Five of my family work in GO Transit / Metrolinx, three others are in policing. I drive for a living.

The family has been planning for a Century celebration the latter part of next month.

This virus is a on everyone's mind for many reasons, and no one is taking it lightly.

No point in me heading home to just self quarantine for two weeks where the shelves are empty. I'd rather stay here where the shelves are full as is my liver while the Mrs drives my sotally tober rear end home ?(y)
You ARE in a better place @Extra Virgin . I have never seen the shelves so bare at No Frills in Londontown... and "The CO" was craziness, even late near closing. They did disinfect my buggy handle upon entry. I asked for a full body wipe-down but that suggestion was not acted upon. @Mrs. Stomp got a laugh out of that one.

Enjoy your trip in the sunny south! Don't infect too many old foggies down there.

REALLY ? Everyone should give themselves a good shake ! This is so out of hand....really ? Crunch the numbers and you find that this is not as bad as the Spanish flu of 1918. Over buying at stores due to media help is mere sensationalism . It's so sad to see what we think is a educated populace to revert to this. People did the same thing back with Y2K . But now everyone thinks they will die from it or what ….. turn into a Covid 19 Zombie …… jeeeeeze get a grip people.

In an age of advanced medical technology and innovation, we can hardly imagine a time where the flu could be deadly. There are definitely still epidemics in our time, like for example the recent Ebola outbreak. However, the epidemics in the past involved far greater numbers of people.

Let’s have a look:

1. The Third Cholera Pandemic (1852-1860)

Cholera is a bacterial infection that is mainly contracted through food and water. A recent cholera outbreak in Haiti made headlines last year, but the largest cholera outbreak known to mankind is the Third Cholera Outbreak that originated in India and spread far beyond its borders, killing as many as 23 000 people in Britain alone.

2. The Asian Flu Pandemic (1957)

The Asian Flu Pandemic was an outbreak of avian influenza that originated in China and spread worldwide. The estimated death rate was one to two million.

3. Typhus fever in World War 1 (1945)

This disease is spread by lice. In the war conditions, there was poor sanitation that probably led to a greater density of lice, which meant that the transmission of typhus was more prevalent. During WW1, typhus caused three million deaths in Russia alone.

4. Cocolitzli epidemic (1576)

This "disease" refers to millions of deaths in the territory of New Spain, which is the present-day Mexico. Cocolitzli refers to a collection of pests. The symptoms were very much the same as Ebola, but included a dark tongue, jaundice and neck nodules.

5. Plague of Justinian (541-542)

This deadly pandemic affected the Eastern Roman Empire, specifically Constantinople and port cities along the Mediterranean sea. This pandemic was so severe, it killed off an estimated 25 million people, almost 13% of the world’s population. The plague returned in waves, but was never as severe as this one. It was named after the Eastern Roman emperor Justinian, who ruled at the time. Necrosis of the limbs,

6. Antonine Plague (165-180 AD)

This disease was also known as the plague of Galen, and historians suspect that it could have been smallpox or measles. This disease claimed almost up to 2 000 deaths per day in Rome. The total death toll was tallied at about 5 million.

7. The Third Plague Pandemic (1855)

The Third Plague Pandemic , also referred to as the Modern Plague, refers to a bubonic plague pandemic that started in the Yunnan province in China. Over the next 20 years it spread to Hong Kong and port cities around the world by rats that carried the infectious fleas responsible for the disease. It caused almost 10 million deaths.

8. The Black Death (1334)

Also called The Great Plague, it originated in China and spread all along trade routes to Constantinople and Europe, where it claimed nearly 60% of the European population and completely wiped out many towns.

9. The Great Flu Epidemic (1918)

The Great Flu Epidemic has been recorded as the most devastating epidemic in history. With a death toll of somewhere between 20 million and 40 million, this disease killed more people than WWI.

10. HIV/Aids global pandemic (1960s – present)

It is hard to determine when and where exactly HIV originated, but it is widely believed that it originated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo around 1920 when the disease was spread from chimpanzees to humans.

Since the first cases of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (Aids) were reported in 1981, infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) has grown to pandemic proportions, resulting in an estimated 65 million infections and 25 million deaths.

Not minimizing that yes there is a Dirty bug... Corona..... Covid 19 call it what you will but when you look at the grand scheme of things we are at a inception period and the public has gone crazy with this news and social media terror …. WASH YOUR HANDS >>> COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU SNEEZE >>>>>> DO WHAT YOUR MOM TAUGHT YOU TO DO AND NOT DO.......

Last edited:
Sorry, not to be a fear monger, but I am over 65. And yes, way to much cable new's brain melt hype. Such a pile of shit what we are being fed?
Trump, USA, last week, it's just a cold, wash your hands, now today, go, run, hide? Only quote USA because like it or not, kinda a world power.
Trudeau's wife has it, but he hasn't been tested? What a hero, saving the test? Trumps inner circle are testing positive and he's waiting on results? Yey OK
Think I'll call bullshit on that, there getting tested, no doubt they are, probably by the hr and have been? I get they have to control panic, but hate being fed bullshit?

Wife and I are still leaving for our cruise Friday. We have checked our insurance coverage, all is good should we end up ill or quarantined. We have thought of cancelling, but reviewing the numbers, our chances are very slim of being infected.

The Canadian Gov't have told all Canadians to get back home by Friday
They are leaning to closing the borders perhaps After Friday
A cruise ship is the LAST place that you want to be {they refer to them as "floating Petrie dishes"
I would at a minimum call the cruise line & inquire about cancelling, they then offer a $500 discount if you are insistent on leaving
Good Luck stay safe

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks