Of trespassers and Karma ?

Old Cut LongPointer

So the concession that runs beside a property that I manage is on the maps but is posted as "Not maintained, Use at your own risk" anybody local knows not to even walk up it when it is wet as it is all clay. That type of goo that will add 20 Lbs. to each foot type clay ! So on Friday some friends hunting in the area tell me about a dude in a VW drives up the road and and ducks into the woods right at the property line between me and the nieghbours to the north. I know my property is posted and I'm told that the nieghbours recently did the same. Now I suppose I could try and find him and just kick him out with a warning or at the very least leave a notice on his vehicle regarding private property but that means walking down that muddy road. My thoughts on calling the CO's or police to lay charges would be like "adding insult to injury" because it's going to cost him BIG to get towed out of there so I'm letting Karma handle this one.

Good choice, sometimes hard lessons learned are never forgotten.

Rumour is somebody called the cops after seeing the car there all weekend. Makes sense as they want to make sure the guy is ok and then give him "the chat" . Had he done his research he would have found that the NCC (Nature Conservatory of Canada) and the LPRCA (Long Point Regional Conservation Areas) offer many parcels of land to hunt on and best part is they have designated parking areas ! Oh ! and it's FREE ! No tow truck fees or trespassing fines to worry about.

If he got in without a tow truck why would he not get out with out one ? Yes I am familiar with the road . Just asking .

I’m interested in an update as well. Was he found? Was he charged with trespassing? Did he require a tow? Was a hard lesson indeed learned? Inquiring minds want to know.

Going on Line; Yes, it's possible he drove out. I have a P/U with 4x4 and I choose not to go down that road unless it's sunbaked or frozen.

Booyah! ; I will try to find out how this story ended. Myself , I would just kick him out with a warning the first time depending on his attitude but for sure the next time he will not be a happy hunter. The property is marked/posted so there is no excuse.

So the concession that runs beside a property that I manage is on the maps but is posted as "Not maintained, Use at your own risk" anybody local knows not to even walk up it when it is wet as it is all clay. That type of goo that will add 20 Lbs. to each foot type clay ! So on Friday some friends hunting in the area tell me about a dude in a VW drives up the road and and ducks into the woods right at the property line between me and the nieghbours to the north. I know my property is posted and I'm told that the nieghbours recently did the same. Now I suppose I could try and find him and just kick him out with a warning or at the very least leave a notice on his vehicle regarding private property but that means walking down that muddy road. My thoughts on calling the CO's or police to lay charges would be like "adding insult to injury" because it's going to cost him BIG to get towed out of there so I'm letting Karma handle this one.
is that the 8th con?

Sorry... no updates. I could contact the OPP and ask about it but my Bell landline is still down and I'm a little busy cleaning up after that storm.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks