Fishing Report Not so Grand outing today may 21/019

packrat

tried our spot again this morning hoping for a repeat of last weeks luck of two wallies. wasn't in the cards tho-- partner struck first with smallish sized sucker and it looked like I was facing the big skunk but I didn't give up--little while later was my turn with another sucker (mine was BIGGER). stayed that way right up til time to go when he pulls off a stunning upset with a big ol momma carp. Its all golden tho he had to mooch a hook and sinker from me---gave him my best buddy price of $25. says he'll pay me second Tuesday NEXT week
:p :ROFLMAO:

At least you got out and didn't get skunked. :) As much as I REALLY want to go fishin, especially today, I have a "honey do" list I was given last week at the beginning of the boss lady's vacation. I have most of it done, but, well, you know the rest :wacky::ROFLMAO:

At least it's still really early in the season. Maybe I'll get lucky and by not going this week, when I am able to go hopefully next week (if mother nature cooperates) and with the long range forecast saying temps in the low to mid 20's starting tomorrow, maybe, just maybe, the lake will warm up a bit and the perch will be there the next time I go park my butt on the pier. (I know, wishful thinking)

@Trevor M... Looked for you on the pier today but only one lonely guy sitting in a lawn chair hooded up for adventure. :) When we came in it didn't look like much happened but it didn't for us either. Lots of minnows in the channel though. Darren got our 240 perfect sized emeralds in 3 scoops before I got there but it didn't help us much. LOL!!! :banghead: :(

@Trevor M... Looked for you on the pier today but only one lonely guy sitting in a lawn chair hooded up for adventure. :) When we came in it didn't look like much happened but it didn't for us either. Lots of minnows in the channel though. Darren got our 240 perfect sized emeralds in 3 scoops before I got there but it didn't help us much. LOL!!! :banghead: :(

Yeah, no I wasn't there today Bob. :cry: I REALLY wanted to be, but as you read, a second "honey do" list when I thought I had everything she wanted done, done, has left me chained to the house and the yard this week ?unless the boss lady changes her mind and lets me have a day, but even if she does, the weather has to cooperate too.

When I was down about a week ago I caught 35 or so varying sized emeralds, (some were pretty big) in my net and I did manage one itty bitty little yellow, the minnow was almost as big as the perch, but it was by no means worthy of keeping, so I threw it back.

Ya should know by now trevor that list never gets finished

It's not that the lists she gives me don't get done, it's that they do and she then comes up with new inventive ways to "keep me busy," even though she knows I have no problem keeping myself busy around here. :LOL:

NEVER be governed by the skirt council dude. Come on you must have seen the Rapala commercial it's time to stop working and get out and fish.

Well, it's like this. I've been on a disability pension for 5 years now, (back and hips) so I'm home all day. (not by choice) So, it's only reasonable that she expects me to do certain things and what I can around here, especially when she knows it's early in the season still and the fish aren't exactly cooperating yet. I've been twice and haven't been skunked, but I also haven't caught anything worth bringing home yet. Once I start bringing fish home, she usually shortens her lists because she knows the window of opportunity is a short one (remember I don't own a boat)

As the saying goes, "happy wife, happy life." So the happier she is now early in the season when the fish aren't really cooperating, the more likely my chances of being able to go when the fish show up and do start to cooperate, when I'm going to want to go not once a week, but almost if not, every day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks