North Erie Marina - Pt Bruce Monday 13th

Caseys Dream

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This is a bit late of a post, but the wife and I took a ride for some recon last Sunday down to North Erie Marina in Pt Bruce for the first time. Granted, we were a little leary on the ramp itself, it seemed pretty tight manoevering, but Greg the owner there assured us all would be well.

Showed up on a Monday morning, playing hooky from work of course. All I can see is WOW! Greg is a super guy, he (with help from my wife on the lines) hand guides all boats off the trailer and puts them along the dock. I didnt even get out of the truck!

Coming back, was easy as pie. What i thought would be tight, wasnt, and the boat easily slipped into the holding area and was again hand guided onto the trailer for a quick winch up. Sweet!

So, I highly recommend North Erie Marina! Cant wait for bow and eye season, as we normally fish out of Erieau, this is soooo much closer!

Perchin that day got us 30 perch in 3 hours of fishing, lots of action, lots of small ones. Very light bite! Oh, lots of milt spraying everywhere too...YUCK!
16-23FOW, not far from shore. We stayed away form the small pack that was there, and went closer to where the turbines start east which is a few kms from the pier. Commercial dude came right up along side of us, layin down his nets in what looked like 14-16FOW, so you know thats where the perch are hanging out. We scooted shortly after that.

CD

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks