Non-resident hunting Controlled hunt ?

Old Cut LongPointer

Looked through the 2020 Hunting Summary and can't find much about it. Non-residents can hunt deer at a cost of 230 something bucks after proving of firearms accredited course taken plus 35 dollar export fee for the meat should they be so lucky. So .... ? Do they still need an Outdoor Card and do a Hunter Survey ? Not really sure what hoops somebody say from Alberta would have to jump though ?

I stand to be corrected but I believe that you have to be a resident to apply for the controlled hunt, or any other draws for that matter, such as moose and elk. In saying that Ontario is a lot more welcoming to non resident Canadians than most other provinces.

Most controlled hunts are resident only if not all of them.. non resident used to be able to apply in groups for moose tags as far as I know.

Alberta was fairly welcoming to non-resident when I lived there,, had a couple buddy’s that used to fly out from Ontario too hunt whitetail with me,, I just had to buy a “Hunter host” lic and they could buy general whitetail licks. Waterfowl they didn’t require any hunter host criteria.

There are many seasons a non-resident can hunt
Bows only
Muzzle loaders and bows
Rifles, shotguns, muzzle loaders, bows

but the controlled hunts are for residents only

Thanks guys ! I thought I read it somewhere in the Reg's but couldn't find it again. I will mail the guy a copy of the 2020 Reg's with that caveat and let him figure it out.

I found this in the regs.
"Any resident of Ontario who has a valid Outdoors Card may apply to the draw for a controlled deer hunt validation"

Thanks GPS ! That's probably what I read. Residents only can apply for a Controlled Hunt , not to say non-residents can't still hunt the two week open rifle season up north just not the Controlled Hunt in Southern Ontario. Okee Dokee !

What about additional tags? That could be a work around if looking for an antlerless tag.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks