Non damaging tape/adhesive

Darkofish

Hello everyone,
Hoping to tap into some fixer upper knowledge here. I just installed the iTroll system (and so far very happy after 2 trips with it). But I now have a wire coming across "my dash" so to speak (it connects the iTroll to the battery - most of the wire is hidden except the part that comes out of side gunnel and across my dashboard to where the iTroll is mounted). I want to "tape" it down. Or do something with it to stop it from being loose on my dash... does anyone know of a tape or some form of adhesive that will not, over time, damage my boat's surface area / gel coat?
thanks in advance!

I just moved this over from the testing forum since there's not a lot of traffic over there...

Last edited:
I picked up zip tie mounting tab at princess auto. I took the adhesive off and replaced with 3M mounting tape that I got from Canadian Tire. Its the tape used to put trim on cars. Really weatherproof but can com off a car without damage. Then small zip tie wire to the mounting block.

Attachments

• TC5342AE-TAB-0-5.jpg
    TC5342AE-TAB-0-5.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 14
I picked up zip tie mounting tab at princess auto. I took the adhesive off and replaced with 3M mounting tape that I got from Canadian Tire. Its the tape used to put trim on cars. Really weatherproof but can com off a car without damage. Then small zip tie wire to the mounting block.
Thank you - I also put the zip tie on back of mount - the 3M mounting tape is the part I haven't figured out!
cheers

for one season, you can try the green paint mask tape, it's not sticky and dirty but still able to hold to smooth surface. and it's much cheaper.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks