Fishing Report NO SKUNK TODAY. (Pt Bruce)

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Made my way down to the pier this morning and spent the day. It was by no means fast and furious, wouldn't even remotely consider it to be steady, but patience paid off. My total for the day, 1 itty bitty silver bass, 2 sheephead, a sucker (hit a minnow o_O) and I brought home 6 yellows,:p (3 nice big ones, the other 3 kept because they weren't gonna make it, still keepers, barely, but keepers)

The one guy beside me had about 8-10 white perch AND once again it wasn't my luck, but someone elses, nice big walleye off the pier. We all figured it was close to if not, 6lbs, BARELY hooked, used my net to help land it, and rumor has it a few walleye were caught off the beach earlier this week.

Attachments

• Walleye on the pier May 31 2019.jpg
    Walleye on the pier May 31 2019.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 203
Hopefully the perch show up soon.
The smaller ones are starting to show up. Haven't seen any real big ones yet (but that doesn't mean there hasn't been any caught, just that I wasn't there when they were.) and I don't know how they fared out in the boats yesterday.Some of them you could tell were perching, others were trolling for the eyes.

@Trevor M is there any place to get minnows in Bruce? Haven't been there in years.

Yep, NEM, Betty's, and Rush Creek. OR you can catch'em in the channel and off the pier. I usually will buy at least one scoop, sometimes 2 at NEM that way I can get a line in the water right away, then if I need more I'll use my net and catch'em.

Awesome thanks. Supposed to be in area tomorrow so trying to convince wife we should go fishing first :)
I'd like to go again today or tomorrow, but well, I went yesterday, and as you said. "trying to convince my wife," seems to be a common thing. IF the perch were in right now in size and numbers, there wouldn't be a discussion about it at all, she'd tell me to go because she knows that window is a short one. Same thing applies when anyone invites me out in their boat. So long as I provide her with the information she wants before I go, (the persons contact info, unless I've been out with them before) she tells me to go, because she knows those opportunities don't happen every day.

But they're not in yet in size or numbers, it's sporadic still, so I have to convince her it's a "good idea" for me to go more than once a week. Most likely I'll end up down there again either Monday or Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a 7lb walleye caught of the pier sat not the same guy in Trevorsm post
:( WOW. Maybe I should start "trying to convince my wife" a little more enthusiastically that "I wanna go fishing and that it's a good idea. When I told her about Giller's post she said, " that woulda been a good one for you to get wouldn't it." Of course she said the same thing when I showed her the picture of the one caught Friday. Already told her weather permitting I'm probably going to go Monday and/or Thursday this week. She has not responded lol.

That makes, according to what I've heard, 6 or 7 walleye caught off the pier or the beach in the last week, and all of them in the 5-10lb range, plus a pike.:eek: No wonder there aren't many perch around yet.

:( WOW. Maybe I should start "trying to convince my wife" a little more enthusiastically that "I wanna go fishing and that it's a good idea. When I told her about Giller's post she said, " that woulda been a good one for you to get wouldn't it." Of course she said the same thing when I showed her the picture of the one caught Friday. Already told her weather permitting I'm probably going to go Monday and/or Thursday this week. She has not responded lol.

Well, I said I should more enthusiastically "try to convince my wife" that I should be going a little more often, and apparently, it worked. NW winds are ok for me fishing off the pier, and I could go today if I wanted, but I'll wait and go tomorrow and then again on Thursday unless the weather forecast changes, which we all know it almost always does in the summer. Weatherman never gets it right in the summer when all us fishermen and women hope for decent weather, but they ALWAYS get it right in the winter :mad:

@Trevor M that's great the wife gave you green light but dont waist it today. Water is real muddy. Cut side of peir was a double double. Beach side was a triple triple

Thanks S.O.P. As much as I want to go today, (I wanna go every day :p but well, daily chores and honey do lists prevent that;))

I decided when I woke up I wasn't going to make the drive down today, and rarely do on the weekends, unless I've been invited out in a boat, the perch have arrived in size and numbers, or my wife has other plans that don't require me to take part, ie shopping trips with her sister or mom where my sole purpose would be driver/pack mule and on those days where she is out shopping with her sister or mom, weather permitting, you're for sure going to see me on the pier on a weekend.

I'm going tomorrow. I can wait, and will probably go again on Thursday providing the weather forecast doesn't change my mind by the time Thursday gets here.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks