No perch for us, it's Chicken Korma Tonight!

Yep,, leftover variety store pizza for this guy tonight.... note to self... some of these guys are pricks on this site!
As one of those "pricks," let me be the first to tell you, having worked in kitchens in restaurants for a living, I can say with 100% certainty that although what I cook will come out very tasty for anyone I cook for, I also know that when it comes to feeding myself, I'd rather have someone else cook it, even if it's "just" a variety store pizza because having done it for a living I learned that even if you are a good cook, when someone else cooks it for you, it ALWAYS tastes better (because YOU didn't have to put the work in to prepare it and cook it before you eat it.) I do all the cooking at home so on those days when I decide I just don't feel like cooking, those are the days we have take out and it's a nice break from the routine.

the recipes I've looked up call "pudding" puff pastry

mom's "pudding had the texture of well a "pudding" /pancake? but we didn't care---piping hot from the oven and covered with gravy.

thanks for the recipe Trevor---will keep it and try it some time (y)
just to clarify something about the texture ----closer to a glorified pancake(hope mom didn't hear that) :love: :ROFLMAO:

:unsure: I'm sure I've shared several recipes over the years and I know I've shared several pictures of the food I've made. All ya gotta do is ask. I'll be happy to tell you what I did and how I did it :) and that is definitely better than being told where to go and how to get there, which is usually what I get.:rolleyes::oops::banghead::ROFLMAO::wacky:

Excellent choices for your dinner Mrs. Stomp ! Sometimes I put onion, carrots, broccoli or cauliflower(partially cooked) in with the chicken then cook it. Sometimes I use coconut milk to help sweeten the curry sauce or maybe cilantro in with the rice ? I find by marinating a full 24 hours is best . I love living out in the country but the disadvantage of not having good Chinese or Indian food or my fav curry goat roti available is a pain and like TrevorM said " it's always good when someone else cooks" . LoL !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks