No perch at Pefferlaw lake simcoe

Huron

Went ice fishing up at lake simcoe of Holmes point near Pefferlaw wednesday and thursday for perch. Must have picked the wrong location again. The hut operater even moved us three times . All we caught in the two days was six dinks. If we ever go back again I think it would be for Whities instead. I think I'll aim the car towards lake erie instead. Oh well it was a nice get away outing. Huron. :(

Hey Huron

Sorry to hear the bite was slow , but it's good to get away for the break . Better days to come.........apps

Thankyou for your morale boosting response guys. I"m not a quiter and will slay'em another day, on lake erie soon,while we still have some time left this year! We didn't get the perch but we did hook three herring which we released (I believe it's not legal to keep them at this time!)

Huron,at least you gave it a go,and a change of scenery is always a Bonus!When I fished out on Lake Simcoe last year in the first week of March,from Innisfil Beach,I did not have luck at all,(my first time out on that part of the Lake & I only fished for about 5 Hours,& also ended up moving around a lot.),but just the experience of fishing in 88 feet of water for Lakers/Whitefish,was a totally different way to fish,compared to the 4 to 7 feet of water,that I am used of fishing in,down here at Long Point Bay.Stopping in at the Bass Pro Shop on my way Home was a nice way to end the day.Good Luck on Lake Erie,Huron.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks