No Fishing yet!! ☹️ BUT!! Maybe soon!! ??

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I took another drive out to Fanshawe Dam last Thursday,January 16/20,to see on how the water level on the thames river was looking like,compared to the last time before on thursday 09EAC0E5-92F7-401A-968B-E2BC6CA9C84B.jpeg when I was there,and to perhaps to do some walleye fishing if the river conditions were fine.But,as expected,the water was raging over the Fanshawe Dam F8539C58-EA7C-4074-B959-E23CE2C69F57.jpeg 45EE91F3-FFD5-42BC-940B-415474462A5E.jpeg from Fanshawe Lake from all of last weeks rain,and melting snow,therefore the thames river was higher & dirtier ,but it was starting to drop back down.While hiking below the fanshawe dam to have a closer look at the river,I noticed this sign there,83B57D2F-FD33-4652-8055-16F2BFEB3C58.jpeg which I didn’t notice there last year,when I was fishing below the fanshawe dam then.Does this mean,no more smoking of any of these products near the riverbank anymore??:unsure::cigar: and only at this designated area?? I don’t smoke at all,but I was just curious,and is this the,”change of the times.??”:unsure: :cigar:Well,as always,my coffee ☕️ tasted great,2645D7EE-F89B-453A-B17D-C4D2F8BA0911.jpeg especially when I am outdoors,and I am looking forward to do some river walleye fishing soon,469B12B1-6DD4-447D-BA29-20035D2BDE82.jpeg or even ice fishing,if there is a season for that.AFF610EB-24A5-438D-989F-B8063785A582.jpeg 905EA366-871A-4A08-88DD-6845B22A5330.jpegSharpen those hook’s and tight lines to All!! ??o_O?:giggle:

Looks like had a nice tour around . Habs gear on as always. I would Take a mccafe over a Tim's any day ?. And that is a very interesting sign I've never seen one of those anywhere very interesting.

Last edited:
I took another drive out to Fanshawe Dam last Thursday,January 16/20,to see on how the water level on the thames river was looking like,compared to the last time before on thursday View attachment 20169 when I was there,and to perhaps to do some walleye fishing if the river conditions were fine.But,as expected,the water was raging over the Fanshawe Dam View attachment 20162 View attachment 20163 from Fanshawe Lake from all of last weeks rain,and melting snow,therefore the thames river was higher & dirtier ,but it was starting to drop back down.While hiking below the fanshawe dam to have a closer look at the river,I noticed this sign there,View attachment 20164 which I didn’t notice there last year,when I was fishing below the fanshawe dam then.Does this mean,no more smoking of any of these products near the riverbank anymore??:unsure::cigar: and only at this designated area?? I don’t smoke at all,but I was just curious,and is this the,”change of the times.??”:unsure: :cigar:Well,as always,my coffee ☕ tasted great,View attachment 20168 especially when I am outdoors,and I am looking forward to do some river walleye fishing soon,View attachment 20165 or even ice fishing,if there is a season for that.View attachment 20166 View attachment 20167Sharpen those hook’s and tight lines to All!! ??o_O?:giggle:

But for that Habs gear, :p another stellar report Red. Maybe IF I decide to venture out of my cave in March for a peek at the river before they close it on the 15th, we'll meet up out there, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. You're more likely to see me rummaging around in mid April or early May on the pier in Bruce first LOL.

Never been there but I know there is no smoking in public parks I’m guessing there is one around there and there marking certain places away from the park that are only designated areas for smoking. First sign I ever seen posted like that.
Thanks for your report red ? hoping we get a chance to go on the hard water on the bay or a trip to cooks bay my be required lol ??

The UTRCA implemented a no smoking except in designated areas policy a year or two ago, so you can not smoke anywhere except the designated areas or on your campsite, so no smoking in your boat on the three lakes because is technically is not a designated area. Sorry to be buzz killington Red, the man says no more marijuana cigarettes OR coors light beers for you while boating!

Until Red Herring gets down to the area Anybody right nearby St. Williams know what lake is like. I know the ice ? is too thin right now but just curious. Any ford F150's half submerged in the "water" . Usually lake Simcoe has a few of them. Be safe.! Huron.

The UTRCA implemented a no smoking except in designated areas policy a year or two ago, so you can not smoke anywhere except the designated areas or on your campsite, so no smoking in your boat on the three lakes because is technically is not a designated area. Sorry to be buzz killington Red, the man says no more marijuana cigarettes OR coors light beers for you while boating!
Excellent information about the sign @Extra Virgin and thanks!! ???and I am all for them,especially in our park’s,etc. I don’t smoke marijuana cigarettes,or anything for that matter,(for over 35 years now),and beers of any kind are never seen or welcome while I am ice fishing,or beers not allowed,especially on my boat.But,occasionally a beer back on my campground,or after I get back home,from a day of fishing. My “high” has always been fishing,& right now,I am waiting for the ice to freeze,especially on long point bay,or even on the “bay of empty!!”??????

Until Red Herring gets down to the area Anybody right nearby St. Williams know what lake is like. I know the ice ? is too thin right now but just curious. Any ford F150's half submerged in the "water" . Usually lake Simcoe has a few of them. Be safe.! Huron.
@Huron I plan on heading down to the Port Rowan yard sale on February 8/20,only if there is safe ice on long point bay,so that I can also go ice fishing after the yard sale.If I do go,I will definitely take lots of photo’s especially of the St.Williams area,and the Port Rowan,CD4A1B15-A641-41AE-942F-6273ACB762EF.jpegAA672645-A4C3-4687-B69B-B37F0B7B17E4.jpeg6EF564B0-2373-4C42-A6D3-D6F704D27919.jpeg4C7A2900-70C5-4EE2-B0C3-B762A603B0D1.jpeg0E790063-F391-4584-9595-1F83269F4B36.jpeg8B302FCE-289E-4FDE-AE7E-4D740E7D5592.jpeg838574D2-A558-4F0D-AFDF-4C85666BD070.jpeg (older photo’s from a couple of weeks ago),area as well.?:cool:

Wish I could join you that weekend, but I have to work. I'd still bring my gear and fish the channels from shore if the ice isn't safe.

Wish I could join you that weekend, but I have to work. I'd still bring my gear and fish the channels from shore if the ice isn't safe.
A excellent idea @Extra Virgin ? ?? Just one question—work? What’s that??:unsure: lol:ROFLMAO::whistle:? Hoping that we can get together this hardwater season,& any kind of Fish ON!! ( except— Herrings!!). lol:ROFLMAO:???:cool:

Excellent information about the sign @Extra Virgin and thanks!! ???and I am all for them,especially in our park’s,etc. I don’t smoke marijuana cigarettes,or anything for that matter,(for over 35 years now),and beers of any kind are never seen or welcome while I am ice fishing,or beers not allowed,especially on my boat.But,occasionally a beer back on my campground,or after I get back home,from a day of fishing. My “high” has always been fishing,& right now,I am waiting for the ice to freeze,especially on long point bay,or even on the “bay of empty!!”??????
This is close to the most boring thing I have read.

8 inches fo ice up in cooks bay,,6 inches black ice ....no reports of any fish caught,,,cooks fishing board show alot of huts out now,,,just a thought there RED...Pocono..

I can tell you from experience ..the most boring & most sensitive is talking about the weather...lol

besides not getting out fishing again..its getting painful waiting..

Inner bay looks like it’s has a skim !
I have been looking at the Old Cut Web Cam @Beamer866 a couple of times everyday,and it is starting to look promising,but the ice still has quite a ways to go,for safe ice. Here’s hoping for a hard water season on long point bay sometime soon!!????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks