NO DOCK THIS YEAR!!!

Thats what we need, more public boat launches. These marinas are killing the retired people & fixed income.
Etc.:Guy tries to take his family fishing on the lake for a day out and he gets gouged at the ramp, goes out and an hour later has to come in because it's too rough, does he get some sort of refund.
With the outrageous gas prices and launch prices. Marinas take advantage that you haven't got any choice, pay me or you don't fish, it's criminal.
$5.00 to $10.00 is all anyone should have to pay. People that don't care are still working and some just take it like a sheep, OH well. keep hitting me with a bat.
Just like our government, keep putting your taxes up, it's OK they think, when our pensions stay the same. Math doesn't work out.
"Now to find my blood pressure pills."
Horty, I feel for you buddy.

update,might have 1 at PT.BRUCE,a lot nicer,more water an 1/2 the price of STANLEY,SO i WILL BE DRIVING, HORTY @THE BRUCE:D :D:D:D:D(y)

(y) ......Where pal ?? Kinda sucks though ....always look forward to us switching location back and forth but I don't blame ya ......Mrs.apps and I have patio slip now @NorthErieMarina so we can do some chilling there .........apps

Last edited:
great to hear Horty.....Erie would not be the same without you on the water laying a beating on the 'eyes'!!

Thats what we need, more public boat launches. These marinas are killing the retired people & fixed income.
Etc.:Guy tries to take his family fishing on the lake for a day out and he gets gouged at the ramp, goes out and an hour later has to come in because it's too rough, does he get some sort of refund.
With the outrageous gas prices and launch prices. Marinas take advantage that you haven't got any choice, pay me or you don't fish, it's criminal.
$5.00 to $10.00 is all anyone should have to pay. People that don't care are still working and some just take it like a sheep, OH well. keep hitting me with a bat.
Just like our government, keep putting your taxes up, it's OK they think, when our pensions stay the same. Math doesn't work out.
Don't believe that the marinas are killing the retired people. People have a choice where and when they would like to ramp their boat ( ramps are not all in the same shape and slope ). Some ramps are only worth $5 to $10 while others are worth more. Normally the launch fee includes launching your boat & parking your vehicle and trailer while you are on the water. It stands to reason that the more public services we get the more taxes will go up.

If one spent $1000 or more last year for mooring, can't they go 50 times this year at @20 a launch? That seems like a lot of launches to me. I also agree with greenwing re taxes going up; and, I don't think more public marinas are high on any politicians list.

When Mooring/Dockage you have to consider all the other advantages that go along with the slip. some advantages... no wait at the ramp.... can go any time during the day/night ... normally cleaning of fish is included... you get to use all of the amenities of the marina...and the biggest advantage is that I don't have to burn gas/diesel dragging the boat and getting nicks from road rash etc. I'm ready to fish the moment that I drive into the marina... Yes the slip rental fee is more than just a launch fee but I feel that I get more... JMO

Overall Lake Erie's shoreline in Ontario is poorly developed. The ramp in Chrystal Beach is probably the nicest of the bunch but everything else around there feels like the land the 70s forgot (those with longer memories can correct me). Port Dover is ok. Then you have what? The lack of investment means there likely isn't the revenue to justify the investment or something else. But good public ramps and marinas would really make a difference.

Also, its in every business owner's interest to give retired folks affordable access to the water along Erie. Why? They are people there all week. If you don't charge them at the ramp they will help support the bait shops, gas stations, and restaurants.

SO hte latest in on the new ramp,will be done sometime in JUNE?-no word on fee,s as yet,but rumor is $20.00,but you still have to park your truck an trailer,in their new paid parking??

SO hte latest in on the new ramp,will be done sometime in JUNE?-no word on fee,s as yet,but rumor is $20.00,but you still have to park your truck an trailer,in their new paid parking??
Thanks for the heads up Horty, I guess I'll be going to Crystal Beach Launch. Free Triple concrete Launch and nice brand new paved parking lot. $5.00
Dunnville launches are $5.00, also a few free ones at Maitland.

HEY STOMP,u can kill this thread ,my payers have bee answered the dock goods have come thru,will post location when I take a drive today an have receipt in hand:D

Reactions: jrr
:) IT is a done deal.HORTY,S LARSON is headed to NORTH ERIE MARINA:D:D:D,THX GREG AN SAM,looking forward to a grt year,SO who wants to go fishing???:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,hey Packrat I will pick you up on the way by,AN thx to my 2 BEST FRIENDS for making this happen:):):)-u nno who u r:love:-Move over APPS here I come:LOL:

While I can understand your frustration with the cost of marinas, you have to admit that they have to earn a living too. I'm simply a user of the marina..no affiliation with any one marina in particular, but I can tell you, the ones I go to are there from sun up to sun down.....most will give you a hand when you need help launching.....many go out of their way and help you when you run into aggravating problems that WE'VE forgotten as boat owners. Gas may be a bit more at the marina, but think of the cost of trucking the fuel....the environmental regs for keeping that stuff close to water...all the paperwork they have to do....all the taxes they have to pay. Boating is not a free sport.
It's expensive. Now one thing people might want to consider is creating a co-op to start up your own dock. As a group, you can do all the leg work, environmental assessments, legal aggravation, licenses, and deal with bad weather that brings your income to a halt, along with the liabilities of maintaining such a RECREATIONAL business. It's not a need, it's a want. And if it's simply too much, pull up to a pier...walk a stream....rent a charter. There are many ways to enjoy this great sport.
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but we all make choices to spend our money.......in my experience, if it's important enough, you'll sacrifice in one area to put something away for what you really want.

Last edited:
While I can understand your frustration with the cost of marinas, but you have to admit that they have to earn a living too. I'm simply a user of the marina..no affiliation with any one marina in particular, but I can tell you, the ones I go to are there from sun up to sun down.....most will give you a hand when you need help launching.....many go out of their way and help you when you run into aggravating problems that WE'VE forgotten as boat owners. Gas may be a bit more at the marina, but think of the cost of trucking the fuel....the environmental regs for keeping that stuff close to water...all the paperwork they have to do....all the taxes they have to pay. Boating is not a free sport.
It's expensive. Now one thing people might want to consider is creating a co-op to start up your own dock. As a group, you can do all the leg work, environmental assessments, legal aggravation, licenses, and deal with bad weather that brings your income to a halt, along with the liabilities of maintaining such a RECREATIONAL business. It's not a need, it's a want. And if it's simply too much, pull up to a pier...walk a stream....rent a charter. There are many ways to enjoy this great sport.
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but we all make choices to spend our money.......in my experience, if it's important enough, you'll sacrifice in one area to put something away for what you really want.
:rolleyes:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks