New Requirements to Drain & Clean boats before transporting

wow, wonder if marina's should have a pressure washer handy before you pull out on the road home?

Hmmm, so how are we supposed to clean the boat if there's no washer nearby? Blocking ramp while you are running around with a towel and a bucket is going to be interesting

You should see the hoops boat movers have to go through for interstate moves in the US.

Boat is supposed to be cleaned at the Marina where it comes out of the water, go through inspections and hot water pressure washes upon arrival in other areas if needed, quarantines if the boat fails inspection and so on.

Has to pass to be set back into the new water.

Might be a little behind in time here, but any program is better than nothing.

The cleaning at the dock in line isn't going to happen as it will not be effective.

Same cold water (even under at least 2600 psi) the boat just came out of won't do the job.

Minimum 140* water is needed to kill anything living.

I’m wondering what’s supposed to be done for those of us who keep their boat docked and when you pull it out for the season with all the hair and algae that’s grown on it for 3 months. It takes me 2+ hours to get it all off at home with the power washer so I’m curious how we are supposed to get it off at the ramp

I’m wondering what’s supposed to be done for those of us who keep their boat docked and when you pull it out for the season with all the hair and algae that’s grown on it for 3 months. It takes me 2+ hours to get it all off at home with the power washer so I’m curious how we are supposed to get it off at the ramp
I guess call Becca’s Bikini Babes @lazywave ?😁

Coming to a boat ramp near you
Kind of reminds me of a car wash/detail place on Stoney Plain Road when I lived in Edmonton. To "draw attention" to their business, they had young women (seniors in high school or university/college girls) wearing bikini's (if you can call them that because in some cases, there wasn't anything left to the imagination) JUMPING on a trampoline beside the road, holding sponges in their hands. Eventually the city PD had to put a stop to it because for some unknown reason, there seemed to be an unreasonable increase in the number car accidents in that area due to "distracted drivers" but once they put a stop to it, the number of accidents went back to if not below "the norm" for the area.

It kind of leaves thing a bit open ended but it does say:

These rules recognize that it may not be possible to fully remove all aquatic plants, animals or algae (for example, hidden zebra mussels or small plant fragments in hard to reach locations) when removing the watercraft from the water at the launch site. Boaters can do a more thorough cleaning of their boat, utilizing special equipment, such as pressure washers at a more suitable location, to ensure their boat is completely free of aquatic plants, animals and algae.

They have been doing this in Manitoba for at least 4 years now. CO's will stop you on highway checkpoints and actually have hotwater pressure washers on site to give boat and tanks a quick hot water washing which is supposed to put a damper on anything growing.
In reading this I think it's clear they don't expect you to pull out of lake and immediately clean boat thoroughly , but make sure its clean before you drop it in again and make sure livewells and drain plug is open when transporting.

For what its worth, they CO's in MB have said a good hot water wash is very helpful in killing invasives??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks