New part time business

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well boy's I finally broke down and bought a new TIG welder. This brings my welder count to 3. I have a Lincoln Stick machine a Lincoln Mig machine and an ACDC Tig machine. I can now weld just about any alloy made. I still have to buy an Enclosed trailer and a 10,000 watt generator. After that I will offer mobile weldingfabricating, trailer repairs and modifications as well as Radar towers, rod holders and trees and accesories as well as boat repairs.

Hey I give you lots of credit I,m a welder fitter myself and everybody and his brother thinks he can fit and weld but realy only the best can survive good luck my friend!1

Thanks wisherman. I hear you on the everybody thinks they can do it. I have bben welding for over 40 years and was one of only 2 at Fruehauf that could weld Aluminum. I am also a licensed mechanic and a licensed gas fitter and oil burner tech. I am semi retired at age 56 and also run a fishing charter out of Port Glasgow. I just can't seem to sit around and do nothing.

Scrimmy,

You worked for Fruehauf in Ingersoll, that company didn't last long here. I believe it lasted less than 10 years. I currently work at IMT and will be starting in my 34th year in March as a Millwright

Good Luck on your new venture, I'm sure it will work with the amount of fishermen wanting something welded whether it being stainless or aluminum.

Jim

how much do you think a boat would cost,need welding on rivets and such, and does it cost to watch and learn?, i want to be a welder someday.

fishing,for some a hobby, for most an addiction

Three Bouys I worked for the Fruehauf service shop in London for 20+ years. They just took the Government money to build the plant in Ingersol. As soon as they fulfilled their obligations to the Gov they closed the plant.

I would have to see the boat to give you a price and you can watch all day long as that don't bother me.

quote:
Originally posted by scrimmy

Three Bouys I worked for the Fruehauf service shop in London for 20+ years. They just took the Government money to build the plant in Ingersol. As soon as they fulfilled their obligations to the Gov they closed the plant.

I would have to see the boat to give you a price and you can watch all day long as that don't bother me.

cool, mite give you a call in the spring, boats away for now...

fishing,for some a hobby, for most an addiction

Wayne good luck in your new venture.

Dave
smallnsi.png

www.northshoreinn.ca

Good luck on the new venture Scrimmy!!
I am also a welder/fitter, but have been doing way more welding than fitting lately...wish I had my own machines!! :(

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks