New Big Creek Bridge

Got a chance to drive over it on Thursday, very nice looking bridge. Too bad they can't keep some of the Old Bridge ? Make it part of the pedestrian/cycling path and allows people to fish off of it not too mention the historical factor. My only concern is in the way ( placement) they painted the lines on the road as to where you are suppose to stop before crossing the bridge seeing as it is only one lane and controlled by traffic lights. The lines should be back much more from the bridge to allow enough room for vehicles to pass each other. I assume with the widening of the road it will allow more room for the parking of vehicles with trailers (duck hunters ?) as it was a bit crowded at times there ?

Hello OCLP,

I talked to one of the engineers during the Public Consultation Session and suggested to him that they consider including a small parking lot for at least two vehicles since there was usually some place to park there in the past.

He said that my suggestion was a good one and requested that I include my suggestion in my written response to the Public Consultation Session but that he would pass along my suggestion to the head architects in the meantime.

Jerome

PS I submit a written response at the time that included my suggestion.

Good idea Jerome !
I just thought it a shame to see all that extra ground area they created get dug up and removed when it's cost effective and eco-friendly to leave it and not to mention allow for a safer place for people to park in that area.

Good idea Jerome !
I just thought it a shame to see all that extra ground area they created get dug up and removed when it's cost effective and eco-friendly to leave it and not to mention allow for a safer place for people to park in that area.
Well its such an Eco biosphere regulated area, Im sure there are requirements to make it as natural as possible. More parking spaces aren't natural 😉

Anybody have a pin they could share? Always looking for new access on such a great creek!

Fishstalker ; True... parking spots aren't natural but why disturb the area again ? That was my point. Seeing as it's done and paid for it would be better to make good use of what is already done and in place than disrupt and waste it all. Also the Causeway Bridge had to be done for safety reasons and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong but it was not part of the original Long Point Causeway Improvement Project. So at approx. 3 months behind schedule to finish the bridge that pushes back the Causeway Project by the same amount of time as I believe that work was to happen after the bridge was completed. Then we get to enjoy a whole new set of disruptions along the Causeway. :)

Hello OCLP,

As I recall ... the original Long Point Causeway Improvement Project had been postponed due to some technicality and then postponed again due to the bridge requiring an immediate replacement ... resulting in a complete "overhaul" of the original project to include a new bridge.

Jerome

PS If I am wrong about my confirmation to OCLP's comments then I can be corrected accordingly but that is how I remember things.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks