Navionics??

JIGGIN

anyone have a newer navionics chip and find it worth the money, i have a Lowrance Chartplotter that is about 3 years old and have not really gotten use to it since it bought it in the fall, but from what i have been reading it is capatabile. Planning on spending a tonne of time on long point, St clair and point au baril area(inlaws live there) this year and i dont have anyone really showing me around.

would this really help?? looking more from a safety aspect

Does those chips cover all the small lakes as well??

any feedback on this product or ones like it would be great.

if you have a chartplotter already and is capable of the inland lakes of ontario than it should show all of the countours of the lake that you are on. within reason. I have a humminbirs chartplotter gps and graph all to gether and it shows the countoures on most of the lakes that I go to in the north. (Sprucedale, burks falls area) and some of these lakes are pretty small, but they are on there from the factory and no uploading was needed. as for the bay and such I had to put a waypoint in for EC10 and the tip of the bar at pottahawk (understandable). but bait island was there and the shoerline of the innerbay is to a tee even to the bar at bluffs was within 1 or 2 ft. it is great for me. I uploaded a simmilar program into my fathers handheld and he tells me it works great on the smaller lakes as well. but only for the waypoints not somuch for the depths and countours of the lake. hope this helps. also isn't it all about getting out and finding the perfect fishin hole what it is all about. PS. if it is georgian bay at point au barrel watch out for all the rocks I am sure the chartplotter of yours will not get all of them caution is always the best answer.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

I'm planning on getting the new Navionics Fish'N Chips chart for the Great Lakes. Covers all the Great Lakes.(Not to be confused with the first Fish'n Chips which was an add on to the platinum chip IIRC)
Was looking at it at Angler Outfitters in Woodstock & the detail is amazing. 1' contour lines.
This chip only covers the Great Lakes though.
The Uni-Map that comes with my Humminbird leaves a lot to be desired.
I have another chip which covers a lot of the small lakes. Some are quite detailed where others are less detailed.

hey jiggin just make sure the chip has the lakes up north u plan on fishing because my chip shows my lake up north but no under water details so just a heads up go c jos at angler outfitter if u have any questions on this stuff he's one of the best way it comes to this stuff hope this helps kirb let my know if theres a card for up that way go that way a couple times a year

May be hard to find one chip which has both the Great Lakes & inland lakes in great detail. May require 2 cards.

will do , great info guys, any chance that st clair is thrown in as a great lake on your chip??? gonna look around at the london boat show this weekend, maybe someone there will have a demo to play around with.

Yes St. Clair is on it as are parts of the Trent/Severn.
See Angler Outfitters at the London show. He should have some there.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsman

May be hard to find one chip which has both the Great Lakes & inland lakes in great detail. May require 2 cards.

Most data is hard to find all on one chip. If you are looking for a good chip for Navigation and Fishing the GOLD or PLATINUM chip is best for this. Coverage is great for each version including the Great Lakes, Trent Severn, Rideau System, etc.

Fish Chips are AWESOME for detail but don't have any navigation detail. Tough to navigate without the proper bouys, lighthouses, etc. Not a big deal in some places. Could be in others?? Fish N Chip only has detail for the larger lakes.

For many of the smaller, back country lakes (Haliburton, Bancroft, Minden, North Bay, etc.) you will need to consider purchasing the Hot Maps Canada Chip.

Three chips. The price is tough to swallow but the information is invaluable for making the most of your time on the water.

Name: Jason Barnucz (Delhi, Ontario)
Thanks to my sponsors Bass Magnet Lures, Koppers Live Target Lures, Fishing World (Hamilton)
2007, 2011 Team Ontario, Ontario BASS Federation Nation

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks