Nanticoke shoal?

camelot

We had dinner at Hoovers Marina the other night and as I was studying the map on the wall I looked at the shoal almost straight out from Hoovers. If I was a fish I would think I would hang out near that shoal.
Has anyone ever fished the shoal?
Is it dangerous or fairly safe?

The shoal is identified by buoy EA8 on the furthest edge. It's pretty shallow at the buoy which is about 5 miles south of Hoovers Marina. Tradationally the outside edge was a great place for walleye but times have changed and the population of pickerel in the Bay is now relatively low. Perch and Small Mouth Bass are the most likely desirable residents now. The area is substantial and finding the fish even when they are there is not easy. The fish most often populate water over 40 on the outside edge. Good luck if you try. It's significant structure as you realized when looking at the map but finding the fish that relate to it has resulted in more failures than successes for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks