Nanticoke Shoal

Buzzy

Iam a newbe to fishing Nanticoke Shoal, I Have fished the power plant before with success, but was wondering if it is a good time of year to fish the shole and what is the tackle of choice (live bait,plastics,crank baits ect....) Any help would be great thanks in advance for all your help

Buzzzy

Trolling just south of the shoal is pretty good right now. 5,7, 8, 9 cores all taking fish. Most around 6-7 pounds with a few 3s in the mix. Harnesses and red fins trolled slow. And best of all no competition for the fish.

South Coast Sportfishing

There was a few boats bass fishin there on Sunday and Monday. Not sure if they're catching. Drop shot rigs and tubes would be my choice. I usually just wave as I'm heading out to deeper water.

Just south of the shoal can be really good for walleye and rainbow. I usually set up once I hit 60 or so feet and then work either shallower and deeper from there. The action is not near as good as on the other side of the point but there are some fish to be caught and as Sea Star said, there usually are not a whole lot of boats around.

There is some great bassing on the shoal. Take your time to explore it and look for structure like drop offs and you will find the bass.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks