Fishing Report Nanticoke Father's Day

headedtowater

Did our annual father's day fish as we had some reports of some fish being caught out there and Burwells wave prediction didn't look as favourable. Started in about 45' of water not marking much. Got something big on and lost it (didn't get a look), worked our way out to deeper water and same thing but this time got to see it. 10-15 lb Lake trout, needless to say first trip of the year and one of our crew will not live it down. He got a little spazy with the net and knocked it off at the boat. He redeemed himself as we landed four more fish and lost a couple others.

Riggers did the most work (near bottom) with a small copper backed nascar getting most of the hits. Another couple on dispeys and we did get one on 5 colour of lead with a spoon. In 58 fow I was surprised to see another laker with a bait only running 25-30 ft down. But surface temp ranged between 49-52 so......

Speeds were any where from 2.0 to 3.0 mph, winds picked up at 10:00 am and called it.

Attachments

• laker.jpg
    laker.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 149
I forgot to mention that all of the fish appeared to have their adipose fin clipped as they werent present on any of them. I would assume this means they are all stocked fish from US???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks