Nanticoke Aug 3

gilfisher

20160803_122640.jpg 20160803_134018.jpg 20160803_134018.jpg Launched out of Hovers lines in by 7am near the elbow only got 2 silvers then nothing for 4 hrs got sick of the east wind headed back towards nanticoke shoal winds came from south was baking out there so started to reel lines in then bang game on ended up with three eyes and a bonus cat thought my arms were gonna fall off man they fight....all fish came in on 40 jet with copper watermelon harness in 45 fow. Very shallow i thought for this time of year...anyway beer time now got burnt to a crisp..

It's funny you mention you got them shallow. I marked more fish just at 45 feet just past 5 mile than anything deeper Sunday and Monday. Everyone was heading straight past 5 mile to 70 feet of water then setting up and getting nothing.

Be careful Bud that Sun will crisp you bad. Long sleeves and brim hat for this guy now.

I have not fished Nanticoke for 10-12 years now, when it was good there was a thermocline at least 20' deep at the bottom, we used to drag baits just above that and use the pop n release(didn't use lead core then) to hook most fish, when I stopped fishing there it was really slow and the big black mass at the bottom was gone. Are you guys seeing that on your graphs fishing now?

It's funny you mention you got them shallow. I marked more fish just at 45 feet just past 5 mile than anything deeper Sunday and Monday. Everyone was heading straight past 5 mile to 70 feet of water then setting up and getting nothing.

Be careful Bud that Sun will crisp you bad. Long sleeves and brim hat for this guy now.
I was at se corner of shaol i figured with the se wind they may be holding there..lots of bait fish marked ..It seems a lot of reports of coho trout etc being caught feeding on smelt...the eyes must be gorging as well....funny thing tho im finding nothing in guts in every eye I have caught this year....maybe they wake up after long siesta and the first thing they see is my lure lol....maitland been disapointing this year...marking to much bait...i think they well fed

I have not fished Nanticoke for 10-12 years now, when it was good there was a thermocline at least 20' deep at the bottom, we used to drag baits just above that and use the pop n release(didn't use lead core then) to hook most fish, when I stopped fishing there it was really slow and the big black mass at the bottom was gone. Are you guys seeing that on your graphs fishing now?
Tons of bait on bottom ..not a fan of using deadcore myself lol..dipsy and jets

Tons of bait on bottom ..not a fan of using deadcore myself lol..dipsy and jets
I use it all till I get fish...or don't, leadcore has been #1 at Burwell for years now. Burwell fishing's not the same as Nanticoke, water gets deep in a hurry there. Jeff Sherman set the bar at our park 2-3 yrs ago......he would come in with a charter am(30fish), clean them, take out his afternoon charter, back before 5 (30fish), he is a machine when it comes to walleye(walleye obsession) lead core lines were the ticket.

I use it all till I get fish...or don't, leadcore has been #1 at Burwell for years now. Burwell fishing's not the same as Nanticoke, water gets deep in a hurry there. Jeff Sherman set the bar at our park 2-3 yrs ago......he would come in with a charter am(30fish), clean them, take out his afternoon charter, back before 5 (30fish), he is a machine when it comes to walleye(walleye obsession) lead core lines were the ticket.
I agree leadcore works good..but its like dragging in a log ..got tired of dragging silvers not knowing they were on and eyes

Gilfisher,the eye on the right looks a little gaunt,no? Optical illusion maybe? Any smelt in them bellies? Thanks for posting,Fred

Neat to see the cat... Usually that's a more Eastern thing...

Most eyes have nothing in there belly as they regurgitate what they've ate during the fight and while in your deadwell...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks