Names

can't miss

When I saw dead cow concession in the yote chat, this came to me? Hunters groups name"s for the turf they hunt deer??
Some of our's

Stink beans- great swale and small gully were bean leftovers are dumped yrly, great spot that separates 2 swamps, but it stinks, BIG

The fridge, old 20 foot high, homemade stand in a oak tree on a crossing point, usually produces but is the coldest place on earth?

Stick blind, 360 circle of brush, around a old walnut, in a hardwood stand, great for travelling buck's but comes with alot of friends, built up for yrs so shared with 10000 mice and chipmunks?

The Well, say's it all, yey you'll get a deer there, have fun getting it out? Peat bog swamp surrounded by a solid wall of thorns, at the bottem of the steepest gully known by man? Don't even think of getting a quad in, you can't even get ropes and winch there. I won't hunt it, and stay clear of those that do, made it clear yrs ago, not doing it. Few of our youger hunters do, but when they show up at the garage with their prize, at 3 am, cut up and bruised, there starting to agree?

Old Truck, a old 5 ton dumped in a gully, all windows long gone but its in a good travel area, and has a roof if you hit shit weather, seat is still usable but you share it with raccoons, skunks, bee's if its warm?

Hog's back, the Pines, apple hill, sulfur spring, the dump, guess there endless, funny is, our group knows where all are at, anyone else would be wtf?

heart attack hill bayfield river is my worst one..

ya coyote creek was much better..

Last edited:
Lol every hunting group and camo all have their names. Here are some I have been introduced to.
Cardiac hill - was a huge hill one must climb after dogging 2 miles between a ridge and a swamp
Brian’s Tree Hole - where Brian missed a deer that one time with a slug and blew a hole into a tree
Mikes rock - where mike has killed lots of deer
Patterson’s knoll - seems like Patterson and Lloyd are the only ones who can find it lol

We have, the pot bush, the tower bush, and the garlic pond.

All the bushes my dad hunts are named after the long-dead farmers that owned them when he was a kid. Sometimes their real name, but often a nickname. "Hawkeye" apparently had big eyebrows. His son still lets us hunt.

Lots of locations have their nicknames... The oxbow, the upper plateau, the lower plateau, the big gully, the Volkswagen stand, the sugar bowl, the peninsula. Jimmy shot lots of deer at Jimmy's stump, now his ashes are scattered around what's left of the stump...

So Funny..... they make no sense usually except to the people in your hunt group.

The Picnic Table Stand
Top of the Holler stand
The Oak stand
The Oak in the Pine Stand
The Tower of Power
Soybean finger
Food Plot
The Maple stand
The North Swamp stand
The Ridge stand
The Death Trap stand
The Pond stands
The Swamp stand
The Pine Stand
The Spruce stand

I left one spot out, Flags? who's hunting the flags? 100 or so yrs ago when we started this deer hunting shit, we had no idea of how to hunt deer, we just thought we did?
One buddie put up some boards in a cherry tree in a clearing, shit luck back then, but it was a deer magnet. This guy was half bulldozer, not fat but no neck, let's just say not agile, just don't say it within his reach. It wasn't a easy climb to get in, but always produced meat.
Couple yrs into deer hunting, with a big buck in hand, he offered it out, everyone wanted the chance, so hunt camp lotto. Well, I didn't win, his brother did, and you should have been there, " for the rest of the story"?
Gramps was still around then, and he decided that some week or month old pork would be good to throw in the chillie staying warm on the cook stove? So glad I never liked chilli
Apparently no neck dozer forgot to mention it upset his constitution, had Cramp and no way he was getting down in time, let fly. Leaving behind his wipes, underwear, socks, tissue, all hanging in tree, Flag's?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks