My new toy

Helmut

Well I finally found the boat deal I have been looking for. Picked up an 89 bayliner trophy 23 ft fishing boat. Got a great deal with all the gear and 4 electric riggers . The one thing I didn't get was a kicker motor. I am looking for advice on these such as HP and shaft length. I intend for now to just use re tiller to steer .
I will admit though that the size of it is intimidating. I am also leery of going to far out and having a breakdown. Guess that is just part of the excitement though LOL

Congrats on joining the trophy family. I still do not have a kicker for my trophy.

where's the pics????

we just love seeing pics of new toys etc:D

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

I have a 2006 25 foot proline and run a 9.9 pro kicker in the 25 inch shaft model.. Love and it has lots of push power. It will push my boat at 6mph which is fast enough for me and trolls great.You need a prokicker or a yamaha high thrust motor.They work the best.

A 4 stroke long shaft kicker will do the trick. Hook into your main tank for fuel and put away your 5 gal. tank. I agree with the high thrust option, I have a yamaha and its great! The kicker is also nice as a "back-up" motor if the main gets sick...If you suspect your main engine lower unit has sat around for a year or so, or if you suspect the lower unit water impeller hasn't been changed in the last 5 years, get it replaced as soon as possible and save your self some woe...the water impeller nibs will get some "set" with age and you may experience over heating at idle and slow speeds.Eventually they will shear off and then you will have serious over heating issue. Congratulations on your new ride, good luck and good boating!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks