My first trip on Lake Erie in 2021,Was NOT!! suppose to start out like this!! πŸ‘ŽπŸ™„

Are you willing to be photographed wearing my autographed Wendell Clark Leafs Captain sweater @Red Hering ?🍁😁(y)
πŸ‘Ž Never!! πŸ‘Ž Never!! @stomp !! I didnt know that Wendell Clark was a hockey player and a captain?? πŸ€” I thought that he was a boxer?? πŸ€” I only saw him fighting!! lol πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• BBE73CED-4013-44A6-A28F-D737AD1C7B8B.jpeg
    BBE73CED-4013-44A6-A28F-D737AD1C7B8B.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 7
I arrived quite early at the Port Stanley boat ramp today,June 17/21,in anticipation of catching some walleye’s & even perhaps some rainbow’s & fingers crossed!! View attachment 43368 🀞🀞 There were no fish to be found in the 35 to 40 feet of water,as some members on @stomp previously had mentioned that they had caught some there & so therefore,I headed deeper to 51 fow with no luck there as well.No fish were displayed on my fish finder so far anywhere,so my next depth I wanted to try was around 65 fow. At 61 fow,my 90 - 4 stroke Mercury tiller outboard started to shake. I therefore looked on my message display View attachment 43367 on my boat and it said,Caution,ignition coil running poorly-see dealer.😳 Thinking πŸ€” the worst of what could happen next,I decided to turn back to Port Stanley for safety reasons,because the wind was suppose to pick up today around noon hour. Even though,I have a 9.9 4-stroke kicker outboard as well on my boat which I could of used to fish with,View attachment 43373 I still figured it was best to head back in to shore with the 90 tiller,but at a moderate speed.Some of you would of likely kept on fishing with the 9.9 hp kicker motor all the way back in from around 10 kilometres from shore,but I figured that the walleye season is still very young,and it’s best to get my boat to my marine mechanic as soon as possible,in case he has to order a new part,which it turned out that he had to. As always,it was great to be fishing out of my boat again,(even though it was only for 2 hours), because the last time I was on my boat,was back in May,of this year off Port Franks. I should have my boat back by next week the marine mechanic said, & β€œlookout” walleye’s & rainbow’s,because the @Red Hering is coming for you!! πŸ˜‰ lol πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Some photo’s below from Port Stanley today.The commercial fishing boat in the second last photo,has a Montreal Canadiens flag on the left side. GO HABS GO!! πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž Be Safe Everyone!! & Tight Lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to All!! πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚
Your wife will be grounding you to shore fist 9.9 kicker repairs lost phone now the 90hp better hope for smooth sailing in the future it's getting costly yep one more break down and you might be in the park with the other old guys feeding the squirrels I will pray for a change of luck for you :D

Your wife will be grounding you to shore fist 9.9 kicker repairs lost phone now the 90hp better hope for smooth sailing in the future it's getting costly yep one more break down and you might be in the park with the other old guys feeding the squirrels I will pray for a change of luck for you :D
Much appreciated @dogfarmer πŸ‘πŸ‘ and LoL πŸ˜‚ πŸ€£πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

He can always come keep me company on the pier. He can even tell his wife that I'm not a bad influence, although I may not exactly be a good influence either ;)🀣

Sorry about the motor..its a boat motor so stuff happens! I started mine up in the drive today..not much of a water stream coming out the top pee hole..just a bit of dirt or?? bug web pulled. pulled the line off lots of water flow. Cleaned the little port and ready to go. I have to work the weekend but maybe Tuesday or Wednesday next week at Glasgow..if you don't have a ride I have extra seats???
Sounds great & thanks for the invite @DaveJ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚ my boat could be fixed by then,but if not,I could let you know.I could PM you,once I get a update on my boat. πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚

That's unfortunate @Red Hering but glad to hear you were able to get out for a short time and made it in safe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Still lots of season to go and plenty of fish to be caught. Hopefully they get you fixed up in a timely manner so you can get out there for a great and successful trip soon!!! Things are just getting started and will only get better from here πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ My weekends pretty booked so may not get out fishing but I'm planning to get to Angling Outfitters next week to get my new HDS, a Tm165 transducer and of course a 2 or 3 68 coasters for the boat and my pick up πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

That sucks you had engine troubles on the water today, Red. At least you’re safe and sound. You always seem to get a positive spin on your posts, which is awesome. Hope you’re back in the drink in no time and catching a few! I’m looking to get out at Burwell this weekend and get the season started!

I arrived quite early at the Port Stanley boat ramp today,June 17/21,in anticipation of catching some walleye’s & even perhaps some rainbow’s & fingers crossed!! View attachment 43368 🀞🀞 There were no fish to be found in the 35 to 40 feet of water,as some members on @stomp previously had mentioned that they had caught some there & so therefore,I headed deeper to 51 fow with no luck there as well.No fish were displayed on my fish finder so far anywhere,so my next depth I wanted to try was around 65 fow. At 61 fow,my 90 - 4 stroke Mercury tiller outboard started to shake. I therefore looked on my message display View attachment 43367 on my boat and it said,Caution,ignition coil running poorly-see dealer.😳 Thinking πŸ€” the worst of what could happen next,I decided to turn back to Port Stanley for safety reasons,because the wind was suppose to pick up today around noon hour. Even though,I have a 9.9 4-stroke kicker outboard as well on my boat which I could of used to fish with,View attachment 43373 I still figured it was best to head back in to shore with the 90 tiller,but at a moderate speed.Some of you would of likely kept on fishing with the 9.9 hp kicker motor all the way back in from around 10 kilometres from shore,but I figured that the walleye season is still very young,and it’s best to get my boat to my marine mechanic as soon as possible,in case he has to order a new part,which it turned out that he had to. As always,it was great to be fishing out of my boat again,(even though it was only for 2 hours), because the last time I was on my boat,was back in May,of this year off Port Franks. I should have my boat back by next week the marine mechanic said, & β€œlookout” walleye’s & rainbow’s,because the @Red Hering is coming for you!! πŸ˜‰ lol πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Some photo’s below from Port Stanley today.The commercial fishing boat in the second last photo,has a Montreal Canadiens flag on the left side. GO HABS GO!! πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž Be Safe Everyone!! & Tight Lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to All!! πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚
..u'd probably have made out a lot better if you would have lost that Habs cap............lol...the fishing/boating gods HATE Habs fans....

That sucks you had engine troubles on the water today, Red. At least you’re safe and sound. You always seem to get a positive spin on your posts, which is awesome. Hope you’re back in the drink in no time and catching a few! I’m looking to get out at Burwell this weekend and get the season started!
Thanks @Schmick πŸ‘πŸ‘ and another ignition coil is coming next Monday,and I should be back on Lake Erie early next week to continue where I left off in around 61 feet of water and counting,till I find the walleye’s and some rainbow’s as well. Good luck off Port Burwell this weekend for it looks like the place to be,such as Port Glasgow as well for catching fish. Tight lines my friend & maybe we will meet up one day & please save me some fish. lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ€£πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Sorry to hear that Red. Always sucks when the boat doesn't cooperate. I am still waiting for a good day to get the boat out. You will get them next time πŸ‘

My old boat was a treat. πŸ™„
It’s last few fishing trips were fun

Couple times in port Bruce wouldn’t start after we were perch fishing eventually got it to go. Same thing happened out at bluff bar
One of the drain plugs on the water jacket fell out so on the way back in long point almost sank it because the Bilge was plugged somehow stuck my finger in the hole then put came the water and it stalled then the sun went down and the bugs came out luckily we weren’t far from Old cut got it pumped out and started back up.
The next day couldn’t get it to start..
that was the last time I attempted to fish with it… someone bought it who knew what he was doing sent me a pic of his gps in longpoint 60mph lol
I don’t think I ever got it over 45. Anyways those days are gone!

Sorry to hear that Red. Always sucks when the boat doesn't cooperate. I am still waiting for a good day to get the boat out. You will get them next time πŸ‘
Thanks and for sure @SonsOfPerchin πŸ‘πŸ‘ Good luck to you when do get your boat out & hopefully we both & others will get them the next time,especially when the fishing will really β€œheat up” into July & August. Tight lines to All!! πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚

Sorry to hear about your troubles on the water, it takes a smart man to head back to port when these situations arise, on a funnier note do you think you would of had engine troubles if you wore your Pickerel hat not the one in the pictures,,,lol.. well we leave a week from now on our flyin trip,, can't wait....stay safe my friend and chase those pics and bows,, cheers:cool:🐟

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks