My first trip on Lake Erie in 2021,Was NOT!! suppose to start out like this!! 👎🙄

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I arrived quite early at the Port Stanley boat ramp today,June 17/21,in anticipation of catching some walleye’s & even perhaps some rainbow’s & fingers crossed!! A70ECA1D-1EF6-4132-8E47-1BC126796C58.jpeg 🤞🤞 There were no fish to be found in the 35 to 40 feet of water,as some members on @stomp previously had mentioned that they had caught some there & so therefore,I headed deeper to 51 fow with no luck there as well.No fish were displayed on my fish finder so far anywhere,so my next depth I wanted to try was around 65 fow. At 61 fow,my 90 - 4 stroke Mercury tiller outboard started to shake. I therefore looked on my message display FA54A055-FA0E-4966-AFC1-7A1F42A079B7.jpeg on my boat and it said,Caution,ignition coil running poorly-see dealer.😳 Thinking 🤔 the worst of what could happen next,I decided to turn back to Port Stanley for safety reasons,because the wind was suppose to pick up today around noon hour. Even though,I have a 9.9 4-stroke kicker outboard as well on my boat which I could of used to fish with,DEFED6FD-2FE2-4C32-83D1-F1E204D4C052.jpeg I still figured it was best to head back in to shore with the 90 tiller,but at a moderate speed.Some of you would of likely kept on fishing with the 9.9 hp kicker motor all the way back in from around 10 kilometres from shore,but I figured that the walleye season is still very young,and it’s best to get my boat to my marine mechanic as soon as possible,in case he has to order a new part,which it turned out that he had to. As always,it was great to be fishing out of my boat again,(even though it was only for 2 hours), because the last time I was on my boat,was back in May,of this year off Port Franks. I should have my boat back by next week the marine mechanic said, & “lookout” walleye’s & rainbow’s,because the @Red Hering is coming for you!! 😉 lol 😂🤣 Some photo’s below from Port Stanley today.The commercial fishing boat in the second last photo,has a Montreal Canadiens flag on the left side. GO HABS GO!! 👍😎 Be Safe Everyone!! & Tight Lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 4ACFA893-20FF-43FC-81C3-9B4E4DFE8CAE.jpeg
    4ACFA893-20FF-43FC-81C3-9B4E4DFE8CAE.jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 9947E124-C3F8-4F01-AF80-0B25A7626F06.jpeg
    9947E124-C3F8-4F01-AF80-0B25A7626F06.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 56A343CA-6D21-4804-B79F-5ABD31910FD0.jpeg
    56A343CA-6D21-4804-B79F-5ABD31910FD0.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 33622670-5B88-4EFE-8BF1-69F71ACA1101.jpeg
    33622670-5B88-4EFE-8BF1-69F71ACA1101.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 93
Wow, that truly sucks.

Sure hope your troubles are over with your motors @Red Hering and glad you made your way back in without further issue.
Thanks @hvyhaul for your comment.👍🙂 I can’t see hopefully anymore troubles with my motor’s anymore,fingers crossed 🤞 for I believe that they both have now been totally rebuilt from all of the breakdowns over the past couple of year’s. lol 😂 🤣 Tight lines my friend & see you on the water. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Sorry about the motor..its a boat motor so stuff happens! I started mine up in the drive today..not much of a water stream coming out the top pee hole..just a bit of dirt or?? bug web pulled. pulled the line off lots of water flow. Cleaned the little port and ready to go. I have to work the weekend but maybe Tuesday or Wednesday next week at Glasgow..if you don't have a ride I have extra seats???

Oh sorry to hear of more issues with your boat @Red Hering get her ready for when those walleye are on fire.
Looking forward to heading west when i can meet up with my brother in law🎣
tight lines
Thanks @Jumbojim 👍👍🙂 and hopefully this will be it with the outboard’s,for I feel that there isn’t anything left to go wrong,because all of the part’s have been replaced within the last couple of year’s!! lol 😆 Everything should be ready next week & tight lines to you and your brother in law when you head west for the walleye’s.Please keep in touch & walleye’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 225C6547-9CB9-4D5B-9EA3-B2B1263E9B15.jpeg
    225C6547-9CB9-4D5B-9EA3-B2B1263E9B15.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 6
I arrived quite early at the Port Stanley boat ramp today,June 17/21,in anticipation of catching some walleye’s & even perhaps some rainbow’s & fingers crossed!! View attachment 43368 🤞🤞 There were no fish to be found in the 35 to 40 feet of water,as some members on @stomp previously had mentioned that they had caught some there & so therefore,I headed deeper to 51 fow with no luck there as well.No fish were displayed on my fish finder so far anywhere,so my next depth I wanted to try was around 65 fow. At 61 fow,my 90 - 4 stroke Mercury tiller outboard started to shake. I therefore looked on my message display View attachment 43367 on my boat and it said,Caution,ignition coil running poorly-see dealer.😳 Thinking 🤔 the worst of what could happen next,I decided to turn back to Port Stanley for safety reasons,because the wind was suppose to pick up today around noon hour. Even though,I have a 9.9 4-stroke kicker outboard as well on my boat which I could of used to fish with,View attachment 43373 I still figured it was best to head back in to shore with the 90 tiller,but at a moderate speed.Some of you would of likely kept on fishing with the 9.9 hp kicker motor all the way back in from around 10 kilometres from shore,but I figured that the walleye season is still very young,and it’s best to get my boat to my marine mechanic as soon as possible,in case he has to order a new part,which it turned out that he had to. As always,it was great to be fishing out of my boat again,(even though it was only for 2 hours), because the last time I was on my boat,was back in May,of this year off Port Franks. I should have my boat back by next week the marine mechanic said, & “lookout” walleye’s & rainbow’s,because the @Red Hering is coming for you!! 😉 lol 😂🤣 Some photo’s below from Port Stanley today.The commercial fishing boat in the second last photo,has a Montreal Canadiens flag on the left side. GO HABS GO!! 👍😎 Be Safe Everyone!! & Tight Lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to All!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Glad you’ll get it back in time for bass season 👍

Glad you made it in safely Red.
Thanks pal @Trevor M 👍👍🙂 I didn’t see you on the Port Stanley pier A8E8FF98-945E-4D0F-88A8-FC094A467AFE.jpeg this morning on my way back in to the boat ramp. lol 😂 I know,no one is allowed to fish off the Port Stanley pier,because it is closed. I will meet up with you one day on the Port Bruce pier & perch ON!! 🎣🐟👊👊👍🙂

Hope its a simple fix.
Thanks 🙏 and same here @Scotts 👊👊that it’s a simple fix.🙂 I might have to come out of my 13 year retirement,because my “toys” are costing me too much money 💰 & therefore I am going broke!! lol 😆 👍👍🙂

Attachments

• 4C9EBE49-9D53-4D93-997A-7B27757B83B9.jpeg
    4C9EBE49-9D53-4D93-997A-7B27757B83B9.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 7
Thanks pal @Trevor M 👍👍🙂 I didn’t see you on the Port Stanley pier View attachment 43399 this morning on my way back in to the boat ramp. lol 😂 I know,no one is allowed to fish off the Port Stanley pier,because it is closed. I will meet up with you one day on the Port Bruce pier & perch ON!! 🎣🐟👊👊👍🙂
If they'd open it for fishing again (which I highly doubt they will) I have very fond memories of fishing off the pier there with my dad when I was an itty bitty me in both height and weight until my grandparents got a site in "Happy Hollow" campground (no longer exists) in Pt Bruce, then it was fishing in Pt Bruce from then on. That's one of the reasons Pt Bruce is my go to fishin spot. Years of memories. Learned to fish in the creek when I was 4. Then when I was old enough to go out to the pier myself, that's what I did until we moved out west. I also learned to waterski off the beach in Pt Bruce. First day couldn't stand up on the skis to save my life, spent most of that day being dragged face first through the water until I figured out if I let go of the rope, I wouldn't get dragged so far and end up with a belly full of lake Erie. Next day someone a little older than I was at the time explained how it was done, second try I was on my feet and no longer being dragged through the water face first.😁🤣

If they'd open it for fishing again (which I highly doubt they will) I have very fond memories of fishing off the pier there with my dad when I was an itty bitty me in both height and weight until my grandparents got a site in "Happy Hollow" campground (no longer exists) in Pt Bruce, then it was fishing in Pt Bruce from then on. That's one of the reasons Pt Bruce is my go to fishin spot. Years of memories. Learned to fish in the creek when I was 4. Then when I was old enough to go out to the pier myself, that's what I did until we moved out west. I also learned to waterski off the beach in Pt Bruce. First day couldn't stand up on the skis to save my life, spent most of that day being dragged face first through the water until I figured out if I let go of the rope, I wouldn't get dragged so far and end up with a belly full of lake Erie. Next day someone a little older than I was at the time explained how it was done, second try I was on my feet and no longer being dragged through the water face first.😁🤣
Great memories for you for sure @Trevor M & thanks for sharing my friend. 👊👊😉 The entrance to the Port Stanley pier behind me,with the gates locked in this photo from today.👍🙂

Attachments

• C79C1330-3331-4E03-BBB3-0BF47737C6F0.jpeg
    C79C1330-3331-4E03-BBB3-0BF47737C6F0.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks