MUSKIES IN LPB???

gdawg

I read on another forum about Muskies showing up in Rondeau.
Does anyone have any experience with Muskies in LPB??

GDAWG

I have seen a few muskies from both rondeau and LPB

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Hey gdawg,

I have no experience with Muskies in LPB but have heard they are in there and my buudy whos fishes the TBBA bass series said the day that the championship was on a Musky was caught out near TP this year.

Chad

I catch them pretty consistent out at bluff bar when I am trolling for pike. I always have a couple musky bait down just in case I got around 15 or 17 this fall. It is not like st clair and I would not go out just to target them. But I think that the musky fishery is still young here and will be good in a couple of years. The fish aren't big yet the average I would say is around the 35" mark the biggest I have seen is 48" to 50".

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

A couple of years ago I found a small Musky fry about 4 inches long dead in the water near our boats on Old Cut Blvd.Which would mean to me that they are reproducing in the marsh somewhere in the spring --which is good to know that we might have a sustaining fishery in the Bay

Thanks a lot guys.

Really interesting to me.You wonder if they will expand their range further into and along Erie. Biologists are predicting water temps to increase and that, along with many other factors, should lead to more Musks.

Wow! Jimmy "15-17 this fall" I have been reading your bed time stories on here for years but that one takes the cake! LMFAO...Honestly gdawg there are no fish in LPB, stick to your local waters its not worth comeing down here ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks