Muskie Fishing on Lake St. Clair

Mickey Finn

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The @crappiequeen & I are heading to Belle River on Lake St Clair this Thursday for a couple of days.
I've never fished St. Clair this late in the summer.
Normally I get out earlier & fish 'The Hump' straight out from the Belle River Marina.
Any suggestions for location, patterns etc.. at this time of the year are much appreciated.

I was told the fingers outside of lighthouse cove 18 fow 4 oz weight 40 feet back. This was from a charter boat captain. We tried everything at that location and only had one knock off but I still think it’s a good place to start. other spots are around the sail boat bouy outside lighthouse cove and the wall over north of Bradley hunt camp. Good luck let’s us know how you do!

I was told the fingers outside of lighthouse cove 18 fow 4 oz weight 40 feet back. This was from a charter boat captain. We tried everything at that location and only had one knock off but I still think it’s a good place to start. other spots are around the sail boat bouy outside lighthouse cove and the wall over north of Bradley hunt camp. Good luck let’s us know how you do!
The fingers are always a good place to start along with the wall and straight off the Ruscom river. 4 and 40 along with 50 are always a good number for me as well as 2 and 60. 10 oz and 15 used to produce some big fish as well. Vary presentations and find the bait. No shortage of slime out there that's for sure

Thanks guys for all the good info...It looks like they are calling for thunderstorms in the area both Thursday & Friday so we are going to reschedule to a later date...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks