Municipal Elections

Tundra Swan

Hello Guys,

I attended a "fish fry" in my neighbour's backyard earlier in September and I met the Mayor of Norfolk County as well as a promising candidate for Ward 1 that includes Long Point. They both support my proposal for a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season as well as a limited (tag only) Sandhill Crane season since both seasons would definitely benefit Long Point tourism.

The interesting fact in all of this was that Ms. Kristal Chopp (Mayor of Norfolk County) came to me to discuss a particular issue during the "fish fry" before the topic of Norfolk Tourism was introduced. This topic obviously prompted me to suggest that my proposal for a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season could potentially benefit Norfolk Tourism along with a corresponding Sandhill Crane season if promoted properly.

I was surprised to hear just how knowledgeable she already was regarding hunting in general and the potential for a Tundra Swan season along with a Sandhill Crane season. Ms. KrIstal Chopp stated unequivocally that she would definitely support a Tundra Swan season as well as a Sandhill Crane season if re-elected on October 24, 2022.

Mr. Randy Mawhiney (Councillor Candidate for Ward 1) told me during a subsequent discussion that he could not understand why both of these limited (tag only) seasons had not already been implemented. He further stated unequivocally that he would definitely support a Tundra Swan season as well as a Sandhill Crane season if elected on October 24, 2022.

I would strongly suggest that every "waterfowler" exercise his/her right to vote for the candidate of their choice during the Municipal Elections on Monday. I know where these two (2) candidates stand regarding what matters most to me and hopefully you will vote for who could improve our "waterfowling" experience at Long Point in the future.

Jerome

PS Please remember that the term "waterfowl" includes ducks, geese and swans.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks