Mud Buddy Motors

sonnyuphi

Does anyone know if there is a dealer in S. Ontario that sells Mud Buddy motors and also services warranty issues

Hello sonnyuphi,

I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The bad news is that there is no dealership in Ontario that sells Mud Buddy motors so you should check out their web page (www.mudbuddy.com) for more information.

The good news is that Clint Hovey (clinth@mudbuddy.com) handles Canadian customers directly at the Mud Buddy Corporation. You may contact him by telephone at 1-801-352-8011.

I have dealt directly with Clint and I can assure you that he was very accommodating and helpful in selecting, ordering and shipping my Mud Buddy HD Sport 40 HP that will be mounted on my new Duck Water Boat "Ocean 15" which is currently under construction in Ohio.

The Mud Buddy Corporation has two very impressive and informative DVDs that they will send to you at no charge showing construction and performance of their motors ... seeing is believing!

Speaking of which ... you are more than welcome to drop by and see my Mud Buddy motor when it arrives mounted on my new "Ocean 15" duck boat ... the custom built trailer will be ready next month to transport my complete waterfowling rig to Port Rowan.

As for warranty service ... Clint told me to contact him directly to resolve any problems should any arise.

However ... I have talked to Paul Hutson at Maple City Marine Ltd.(1-519-354-3640) in Chatham and he told me that he would perform any after warranty service if required.

By the way ... Environment Canada and the Canadian Wildlife Service purchased two Mud Buddy motors last spring and they had the service personnel at Marina Shores Ltd. mount them on the two big Jon Boats that they had purchased. I saw both rigs traveling down Highway 59 together.

I would imagine that Mike Evans at Marina Shores Ltd. (1-519-586-2791) could let you know if they would perform after warranty service if required.

All the best in your selection.

Jerome

PS Check out Duck Water Boats at www.duckwaterboats.com or contact Steve Hoover at 1-330-602-9008 for more information on a variety of all aluminum duck boats.

Thanks Jerome , too bad you didn't get down to our place for a hunt -- I went out alone several times and would have gladly had you along .
Is your place pretty well finished now , my friend Steve had his new home built about the same time frame as yours and he just moved in last weekend.
I am familiar with the Duck Water web site and I would say they are probably the best built duckboats money can buy (no offence to Banks Boats but I prefer metal over fiberglass when it comes to breaking ice )
I will be looking at a motor sometime over the summer but will take you up on your offer and maybe go for a ride in your new boat in the spring
Have a Merry Christmas
Sonny

Hello Sonny,

A few delays this past fall ... should have be done by now ... just a few small things to do inside now.

Duck Water Boats' hulls are built with 1/4 inch plate aluminum and their sides are built with 3/16 inch plate aluminum with another 1/4 inch plate aluminum "V" at the bow for breaking ice or just bouncing off rocks.

One other point ... aluminum does not burn ... fiberglass does!

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks