Morels

Went out yesterday no luck, also first attempt at finding them on purpose. Anyone know if there very common around the brantford area? Or am I better taking a drive south to look around?

I found 4 in my usual best spot so just left them. Went and checked Tuesday after that warm Sunday hoping that would bring them on and still only 4. That's not enough so I left them for next year.

I have half a dozen in the flower bed out back. Leaving them to reproduce more for next year.

Crummybun I’m in Hamilton and have them in my yard,,,, soooo good, never enough..
A couple jumbo perch tomorrow will go nicely with these...
1617FC08-59E8-4107-956C-D9E4181EB5E4.jpeg

Crummybun I’m in Hamilton and have them in my yard,,,, soooo good, never enough..
A couple jumbo perch tomorrow will go nicely with these...
View attachment 14295
Those look fantastic. I was trying to have a morel/ king salmon feast the other day. Portabellos became the stand in. I've taken a few walks this week with no luck. Ive been looking in areas that are heavily traveled like bike trails ect. Found what I believed to be hedgehog mushroom but couldn't be 100%, so better to leave it. Enjoy your meal, I know I would!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks