moose

Area 28, 8 guys. 4 went bull, 4 went cow. Any thoughts on what to do?? 8 for cow, or bull. Any one else hunt area 28?? Thanks fellas. Also looking for a holster for 357 style pellet pistol.

well your group certainly doesn’t need 8 tags
Claim 1 bull and 1 cow
Let the other 6 tags go to other groups that are trying for a tag this year.

28 isn't an easy unit to get tags in. Are you sure you were actually awarded tags, or is that just what you applied for?

If you needed 8 for a tag and you got nothing then
--wait for the 2nd round to see if any were handed in
--if there is a call line for surplus tags like every other year try that..its a crap shoot but we've been successful a few times for 21A
--call around for an Ontario outfitter with tags..but be prepared for the $$$ quote cause it ain't pretty
--check out Quebec

I doubt you got bull tag with 8 points unless you got lucky and went archery. I know guys with 15+ points and didn’t draw. Check online your results should be posted

I doubt you got bull tag with 8 points unless you got lucky and went archery. I know guys with 15+ points and didn’t draw. Check online your results should be posted
Where in his post are you reading they only had 8 points?
doesn’t say anything about how many points

says 8 guys 4 of them went bull the other 4 went cow

nothing about points
Sounds to me like all 8 drew a tag!

maybe in wrong but be nice to get some clarification from OP

All good if that’s the case way late on applying as they already did the first draw

no that's just what we applied for. no tags. ya didn't clarify very well. my bad. this was for first draw. ya Derek, your right, no tags, for guy with 15 pts either. I know not many tags for 28, but should have got one for 15 pts i would have thought???

no that's just what we applied for. no tags. ya didn't clarify very well. my bad. this was for first draw. ya Derek, your right, no tags, for guy with 15 pts either. I know not many tags for 28, but should have got one for 15 pts i would have thought???
Hard to say with the new system.

You might have a shot at getting a cow tag on the second round however you have to decide whether you want to cash in 15 points on a cow.

I’m thinking Bulls easier to kill
Regardless of antler size

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks