Moose Points

My issue is the fact that they give Northern residents an extra point to begin with. As far as I'm concerned we're both Ontario residents, and just because they choose to live in the North and I choose the South shouldn't give them preferential treatment. B.S in my opinion. BTW I also own 110 acres in the North and pay taxes but it's not my primary residence. Anyone else feel the same? Or am I offside here?
You seem to have more options than most of us. Move north if it’s best for you. Try hunting moose in other provinces. Pay the “ outfitter” costs and tag fees once and you will see how good we Ontario residents really have it. Or you can live in the past when bread cost .25 a loaf and a moose tag was $5.00.
its 2021 welcome to our world.

This system is totally messed up. I have a nephew in our group who has never drew a tag in 20 years who they are saying drew a tag 8 years ago. Also a good friend who has been in our group 25 plus years. Never had an adult tag they are saying that he has 7 points my wife had a tag in 2012 and has 9. I accepted a calf tag transfer last year so should be zero! I have 8 points . If the points were correct and I didn't go to zero my last bull was in 2009 and yes we payed and hunted every year so easy adding. Truthfully they should have closed the season for a couple years then reopened with a better plan.

We haven't got room for everyone in SW Ontario. It has always been an extended season (6wks) and this was for the people in the north to get their meat for the freezer. We go up in the first week and if weather, wind, rain, snow play into acct we go home empty handed. The locals all have another 4 or 5 weeks to find a calf crossing the road on the way to the mine or logging camp they are working at. The calf regs have changed and now it is harder for them to draw and a bit of a burr under the saddle to watch the boys from the south come north in their fancy new truck and RV and have a tag that their fathers and grandfather before just took for granted. Having a 110 ac property in wmu 47 you will be extremely lucky to ever see a bull tag. We put in from people in our hunt camp and after wasting multiple dollars and 10yrs we closed the book on that chapter. The people living in the north, Im talking from Wawa and Chapleau and up having an extra point is not going to make any difference, The moose management system needs to look at all residents who wish to hunt moose as being equal.

Took me 21 years to draw my first tag and my buddy drew one the first year he was a pool 1 then another 10 years later when I had other guys that applied every year since the draw began and never drew a tag . The old system was definitely flawed and all I ask is for fairness.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks