Moose draw

SouthernOntariosportsman

Zero luck on the draw, guy i know had 5 points and got a cow tag/rifle.

I was an unsuccessful as well with 6 points in the area I hunt, will be interesting to see the numbers needed to be successful when the post them for next year.

Guess I'll be into an outfitter tag if I wanna go or heading to Quebec.

No dice with my 0 points
No dice with fiancé’s 2 points
Our hunting buddy hasn’t checked his 2 points yet

I have 5 pts...cow tag 19...and 19 is hard to draw a tag in at any time.
One of our other guys 4 pts..cow tag 21A
I am shocked but happy. Must be a lot of guys who didnt apply

If I read this correctly I was successful. Area 14, 7pts on St Ignace Island, top of Lake Superior. This is fly-in with an Outfitter. The first choice was a Bull Tag but it reads like I could take my second choice which is cow-calf. If someone else that was successful I wonder if they also have 2 choices. I will be taking the bull tag.

16 points, no bull in 40
9 points in 40, no cow/calf

Tough unit to draw pal. Our new property is in 41, and I’m not even going to bother until I have another 6 or 7 points. It’ll be a one and done for me lol. I doubt I’ll have enough points to draw another tag in that unit. Fortunately it seems like we’ve got a decent bunch of deer on the property.

I’m going to have to start trying for units a little further North

Seeing a few applying for Cow tags using bow. Out of curiosity how do you effectively target Cows with a bow? I wouldn't know where to start.

Cow hunting with a bow is all about corridors and location. It’s hard to hunt cows with a bow but I’ve done it. If you’re burning a good amount of points to bow hunt cows I would recommend not taking tag and waiting for your points to increase enough to draw a bull. In 20yrs bow hunting I’ve taken two cows and both were tough hunts. I also drew a cow archery tag this year and will pass it up for greener grass down the road. Having a bull and a cow tag in a group is a great option and covers your bases should the rare opportunity arise.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks