Mitchell’s bay ice

Burrzy

Any body been out on Mitchell’s bay lately? Going to give it a try tomorrow, never been there on the hard water. Hoping for some pointers and also wondering if the ice is thick enough for a snowmobile yet.
Thanks

Been lots of pressure cracks opening all along that shoreline the last few days. Be careful one opened up 50 yards from my buddy’s yesterday,, it went 10 feet wide in a matter of minutes.

I was down last Sunday, for the most part it’s pretty buggered. I read today a few machines went down. Overall I’d say it’s not safe, depends on your comfort level though. The first attached picture was taken from the air last Sunday, happen to stumble across it in a st Clair Facebook group. The second one I took on bay front .Regards !

Attachments

• 91042F1A-A238-451C-AC64-872C50D92D2A.jpeg
    91042F1A-A238-451C-AC64-872C50D92D2A.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 61
  • EF8BB934-579D-4397-8AC1-DE19828C8D5B.jpeg
    EF8BB934-579D-4397-8AC1-DE19828C8D5B.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 60
I was down last Sunday, for the most part it’s pretty buggered. I read today a few machines went down. Overall I’d say it’s not safe, depends on your comfort level though. The first attached picture was taken from the air last Sunday, happen to stumble across it in a st Clair Facebook group. The second one I took on bay front .Regards !
Thanks for the info! I think I will definitely leave the snowmobile at home and walk

Been lots of pressure cracks opening all along that shoreline the last few days. Be careful one opened up 50 yards from my buddy’s yesterday,, it went 10 feet wide in a matter of minutes.
Yikes, thanks for the heads up!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks