Mercury power trim unit parts/help

Matt90

Does anyone have a power trim unit available (or a parts motor) that would work with a 2008 60 HP Mercury motor (60 ELPT 4S)?

I was getting the boat ready a few weeks ago, and the motor wouldn't move. Even after loosening the manual release screw I wasn't able to lift the motor. I ended up having to remove the release screw, and I was slowly able to lift the motor as all of the fluid from the hydraulic cylinder was drained. I disassembled everything, replaced the o-rings in the cylinder, replaced the fluid... and I was back to square 1. I ended up having to drain the fluid again to tilt the motor up for trailering.

Does anyone have a power trim unit available (or a parts motor) that would work with a 2008 60 HP Mercury motor (60 ELPT 4S)?

I was getting the boat ready a few weeks ago, and the motor wouldn't move. Even after loosening the manual release screw I wasn't able to lift the motor. I ended up having to remove the release screw, and I was slowly able to lift the motor as all of the fluid from the hydraulic cylinder was drained. I disassembled everything, replaced the o-rings in the cylinder, replaced the fluid... and I was back to square 1. I ended up having to drain the fluid again to tilt the motor up for trailering.
Sorry I can’t help I also have the same merc but mine is 2004 I may have a similar problem mine is still tilting up and down as long as I don’t accelerate past 4 or 5 klm s it will still tilt but when accelerate past that it will go back down all the way. If I drive slow it will stay in the upward tilt. Any ideas what I should be looking at.
thanks
JJ

I know on the older motors the pwr trim is controlled by a pair of relays mounted on the motor block somewhere . Might want to look for those and have them tested . Fairly cheap to replace .

I know on the older motors the pwr trim is controlled by a pair of relays mounted on the motor block somewhere . Might want to look for those and have them tested . Fairly cheap to replace .
Sounds logical I’ll take a look thanks @ SonsofFishes ?
JJ

Do you have the part # of the motor you are looking for.
I have a 2015 NAPA Marine Parts catalog.
I could cross reference it for you.

Ok For starters sorry about high jacking this thread.
I found my outboard manual after reading about the Features and controls and power trim and tilt than shallow water operations it says if engine speed exceeds 2000 RPM the outboard will automatically return down to the maximum trim range. This is my first big out board I am still learning happy I was able to find my manuals to read up.
Thanks for the reply
JJ

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks