Maple Syrup Folk

can't miss

Just curious how different area's are doing, here, Oxford cty, just a hobby, very small scale, un-real, more syrup made than the past 3 yrs together? I tap silvers cause thats what I have, can't keep up with amount of sap? Cheer's

I quit last week, 21 taps in old hard maples that I helped with 50 years ago. 7 ltrs of nice syrup. Grand daughter helped so I can pass it forward.

So far it has been good here, we are up to 9 gallons of syrup with at least another week of run hopefully longer. Built a new shack this and hooked up an auto feed.
Working great!
I will post some pics soon.

Tight Lines

RT

Tapping out, nature win's again? as it always will? Buds started here? Boiled off last batch tonight, getting much darker, stronger, but that's my personal stock?? Been a great season? Moral season come's next

First round of the year here. We go till moths start to show up in sap. Helped the fellas boil down 400gallons today.13264

Attachments

• 20190326_163154.jpg
    20190326_163154.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last year around 200 litres. This year about half that....so far. Forecast doesn’t look too good though. This is only my second season so to be honest I have no real gauge of what a good year or bad year is.

We finished up this year with about 90 liters of syrup trees ran very well and are still running but time to start fishing so pulling taps on Sunday.
Daughter is selling Syrup this year to help with High School rodeo so if you know anyone interested send me a PM.

Tight Lines

RT

Was up to Flesherton yesterday and saw covered pails still out for collecting sap with liquid in them.

Would the sap still be running or would these have been forgotten pails?

Just curious, TIA

Appreciate it @paddle maker. It just seemed funny to see them still on the trees in that one area heading up.

I know nothing about it other than I really like it on pancakes and french toast.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks