Off Topic Magnetawan

Kdog

Wind on Erie has been crap lately so I decided to go north. Never fished the magnetawan river so we are up here with the family this weekend to see what we can find.. Still planning on a bluff bar trip.or 2 and also a trip out to Quinte in november..

Fishing in the river seems to be fairly tough for me. If you scoot out across the open water and get within all of the islands good small mouth fishing was up a couple weeks ago. Careful as there is lots of rocks in there good luck!

Attachments

• F577003A-D2AA-4CA5-ACB6-2D1252E6C9C5.jpeg
    F577003A-D2AA-4CA5-ACB6-2D1252E6C9C5.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 25
Theres a perogie place in burks falls thats a must stop. Find rock or pike weed and youll find fish

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1599005903554.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599005903554.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 61
There is a big rock towards the end of little doe lake before you enter mid doe lake that always has a pike or two sitting around. Trolling in mid doe to big doe has been good in years past as there is a nice drop off/shelf as you enter big doe. Also there is a smaller pickeral lake close to burks falls and from where u launch look to the right for the larger rock wall and have had success there in years past. (that lake is called pickeral lake, there is a rehab/wellness center there)

Wind on Erie has been crap lately so I decided to go north. Never fished the magnetawan river so we are up here with the family this weekend to see what we can find.. Still planning on a bluff bar trip.or 2 and also a trip out to Quinte in november..
Not sure if you can get onto Ohmic Harbour from where you are , but if you can head to the first island and fish the east side . There are lots of Bass ,Pike ,and walleye in that area

Where on the mag are you?

I am close to Britt. Went out earlier and caught a few bass. Owner showed us a large muskie caught from the dock recently. Nice to get out without riding the swells for a change. I appreciate all the feedback. The peeps on this site are awesome!

I am close to Britt. Went out earlier and caught a few bass. Owner showed us a large muskie caught from the dock recently. Nice to get out without riding the swells for a change. I appreciate all the feedback. The peeps on this site are awesome!
Sent you a pm

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks