Fishing Report LSC live...June 18 2016

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Just set up on the hump put of Belle River... aboard the @Mickey Finn boat trolling next to us just boated a musky... good sign
.. hopeful

with that aqua blue water clarity I remember catchin a few huge catfish trollin for pics...in june the 240 hole fishin walleye is where i caught some nice size musky out past the hump and straight east

it sounds like your into a few there...good luck

Ended our day 1 for 2. Best we heard was 3... nothing over 50. One guy hooked a huge sturgeon... but it was too big to land... pulled his boat around fot a while.

i beieve that sturgeon hookup...my last trip 2 weeks ago to LSC i seen a large sturgeon jump 50 feet from my boat...it was a wow moment...the fish was a dead give away with the armour and hook shaped head coming right out of the water including the tail... i was trollin walleye off tremblay beach in a east choppy wind around 7:30 am..it was approx 70 lbs...maybe more ... there was a giant sturgeon hooked in the detroit river last year...there is overhead pictures of that sturgeon on bass haven...it was the same length of the boat.. a massive dinosaur

Last edited:
Plenty of sturgeon hooked fishin eyes in the D!

My first head to head encounter with one was last spring on the notty fishin steelies. Old school 11.5' GL3 and 6lb lead didn't stand a chance.....hopefully the regs result in a population increase. I'd love to see a C&R season for those dinosaurs eventually.....

Josh

yea the ministry has said hands off and has protected the sturgeon..there saying you can't legally fish for sturgeon in specific waters of the great lakes and connecting rivers...the population has already made a come back...more and more sturgeon are being incidentally hooked...once the ministry takes things away from the sportsfishermen..unfortunately its very rare they give back...

i am still disapointed on what they did to the lake trout limit in algoma...from a limit of 3 fish to 1 fish...we quit goin..especially for a 1 fish limit...where we used to go there was lots of lake trout/specs and still is...its just a memory now...of going up every 2nd week of May for the beautiful country south of Agawa canyon and the fun quadin into the back lakes for great fishin...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks