LPWMU Self Serve Dec 21/12 - Jan 5/13

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Trial Crown Marsh Self-Serve hunt. LPWMU Superintendent Julie Foster and Assistant Anthony Rumleskie agreed with the LPWA to give this a try. Contact lpwa@kwic.com for "Word" copy of the form. A few important points below. Also,please read the Assignment Form!
1. Does not apply to Big Creek
2. Goose season closes on December 26th
3. Black Ducks are protected after December 20th
4. Duck season closes on January 5th
5. (NEW) 3 hunters are permitted at shooting posts and 2 at blinds only.
6. Shooting days Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays until 4 and Saturdays only.

IMG_0001.jpg

So, how exactly does this work. Do you still have to line up and then the hunters police themselves at this point? Or is it first come to the drop box?

Have there been any other blinds tht have been pulled out other than 24?

Also, when are the trailers pulled out his year?

Riverduck...there is no line-up, it's simply first come, first served. Yes, the waterfowlers must essentially police themselves. If a blind or shooting point is taken the opportunity to hunt there is no longer available. Blind #24 was pulled because it was close to open water the early ice in November was moving the hide. We didn't want to lose it.
With respect to trailers I'm pretty sure they must all be removed before the 20th because the Park will be closed and that includes the main gate going into into the Waterfowl Unit.
quote:
Originally posted by riverduck

So, how exactly does this work. Do you still have to line up and then the hunters police themselves at this point? Or is it first come to the drop box?

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

Riverduck...there is no line-up, it's simply first come, first served. Yes, the waterfowlers must essentially police themselves. If a blind or shooting point is taken the opportunity to hunt there is no longer available. Blind #24 was pulled because it was close to open water the early ice in November was moving the hide. We didn't want to lose it.
With respect to trailers I'm pretty sure they must all be removed before the 20th because the Park will be closed and that includes the main gate going into the Park and the Waterfowl Unit.
quote:
Originally posted by riverduck

So where is the drop box exactly? Will you just line up on the road to get to the drop box? Also, what is the earliest you can put your form in the box?

There will be a Kiosk set up at the front gate were you will fill out your form and drop your money . there will be some kind of board or clip board on there that will show what blinds are occupied and you will mark on there were you go . the gate will be locked so if you take a walk out you wil be walking from there . I would ask that when parking there guys do not block the gate as park employees will still be comming and going . All trailers still have to be out before the 20th .There will be no line up just first come first serve .Guys this is the first time the park has tried this so it needs to go well or it might not happen again . And we have probably not thought of everything hopefully it will work ok . We are all hunters and are all adults so there should be no issues ! And we did not discuss how early you can put your name on a spot but i dont think guys will be impressed if guys are putting there names up there 2 days before the hunting day ? Iam hoping that morals and fair play win out !

" Thats 12 already ? count them again Larry "

My suggestion is this. As it has been my experience that once the trailers are pulled out, very few hunt the unit late in the year so things will be a lot less busy. So, why don't we agree taht we will follow the same rules as when the unit is open. A de facto car line up up to the Kiosk with no blind being selected before 5:45 AM. This seems reasonable to me. As the form says you must not sign out a blind until the day of.

Chris

Chris

DS did I read that there will be forms availiable at the main gate office or do we need to download the entire form pre and post hunt info from the website posted in the original post thanks Lee

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Binkly
there will be a kiosk set up right at the gate to the park and the forms will be there and a box to deposit your forms and money into . The gate will be locked , there will be no one at the main front office or the unit office this is 100 % self serve .

Hey guys,

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm a pessimist by nature. With no one regulating when you can sign up for blinds this I'm affraid is a recipe for disaster.

As far as "fair play" is concerned no one gives a #%@t about anyone they don't know.

I'm all for this idea. I personally believe this should have been implemented a long time ago with the mild tempretures this time of year being a common thing.

I hope we can all work together and enjoy this golden opportunity.

Pintail
Iam not going to say alot on this . If this turns out to be a disaster than it will not happen again , it was alot of work to get it this far !!! If some guy wants to be a scum bag and put his name on there the day before against the rules then let the scum bag have it and take another blind and dont let that individual ruin your day !!! The other alternative is to bitch and complain about it to the park management that some scum bag put his name on there the day before and then they can say ok this is nothing but grief that we dont need and next year the unit will close Dec 2o th . We are talking about 8 or 9 more shooting days if the weather holds and there will only be a few guys that take advantage of it Relax pintail and enjoy a couple more shoots in the unit !!!

NO The gate will be locked you will have to park outside of the park and walk from there !!!! The park will be closed !!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a great Idea and is a step in the right direction of how the unit should be managed the old boys club will actually have to get up with the rest and be there to get thier favorite spots.

Imagine that a fair way to get a good blind at the unit. who woulda thought !

quote:
Originally posted by 3 black dogs

I think this is a great Idea and is a step in the right direction of how the unit should be managed the old boys club will actually have to get up with the rest and be there to get thier favorite spots.

Imagine that a fair way to get a good blind at the unit. who woulda thought !

Who are these old boys club u speak of? or are you just making **** up cause you have nothing better to do?

Sounds like I stuck a nerve?? You just might be part of the problem then. I like how the new Super is thinking outside of the box. Maybe it has something to do with How she ran Rondaue that system works very well and every one gets a fair shake. Feel free to take your cheap shots now thats the process on here right ?? someone voices thier opinion and the gang jumps all over them. Have at it.:)

The idea was brought forth by the L.P.W.A. membership and lobbied for by the committee. This was not the new Super's idea. Though her and the assistant are obviously rececptive to the idea for a trial. I am asking all who will be using it to PLEASE don't abuse it!
Mike Kunkel

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks