LPRCA Properties Closed

trky chsr

Effective immediately, all Long Point Region Conservation Authority (LPRCA) properties will be closed until further notice.LPRCA is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Ontario and taking steps to help prevent the spread of infection. The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and community is a top priority. LPRCA will continue to monitor the situation and follow governmental direction.All LPRCA property located in the Municipality of Bayham, Town of Tillsonburg, Norfolk County, Haldimand County, County of Brant, Township of Malahide, Township of Norwich and Township of South West Oxford isclosed.On March 17, LPRCA closed facilities and CAs with campgrounds to the public, and closed additional properties on April 4 following recommendations for enhanced physical distancing measures. As the situation progresses, LPRCA will continue to issue updates to www.lprca.on.ca and LPRCA social media accounts. TC

Any news about NCC properties ?
Unfortunately yes. I you can find it on the Norfolk County page it states all access is denied for open spaces, public or private that have public access. And depending on how you interpret the order it even denies access to private land that you have permission on unless you reside on the property. I'm going to contact the county for clarification on that one. TC

Weird ? NCC properties at least for huntable ones are set up so only one person/vehicle has access to it.
As for private land ? They haven't enacted a law for that yet. One hunter or member of family unit should be ok.

This is the part concerning private land. I sent them an email last night for clarification. I'll post the reply when I get it. The reason this came up is I know someone who resides in the Villages in Pt Rowan and this was the section that was quoted when asked if they could walk around the pond on the property which is owned by the residents. The answer was no.

3. Use private outdoor amenity spaces or equipment unless use is solely by persons who reside at the property.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks