Off Topic LPB ice report Feb. 5

We were planning on coming down Thursday - Sunday and throwing up a 6 man popup.. Think we will be alright to do that? Will there be much water on top of the ice?

I think it’ll bounce back , not by the weekend but maybe 2 weeks the forecast looks pretty good for the rest of February
I hope you're right. I'm going down now to check on mine and do some repairs. I want to get out this wknd but I'm on the heavy side in a steel frame 6x10 and snowmobile. Hoping it's not going to have to be pulled and you're correct on long range. Cause 2 weeks ago this week was to be below double digits and......lol

Was hoping ice would be ok for weekend. It not sounding like it
I cancelled my solo trip today down to long point bay,and I decided to wait till the ice becomes safe again.It is only early february,and the winter will come back again in a vengeance & the ice fishing season 124101241112412will be on again!! ??;) Some photos from my last time out on long point bay from friday february 1/19. Be Safe & tight lines!! ??:)1241012411

Last edited:
It's 10AM and the Ice hut operators have pulled their huts off to the shore. Still a few folks out. Looks like mixed bag of weather and temperatures coming.

Thanks for the update Larry. Please let us know when the hut operators are back out on the ice. Hoping to get there soon! Huron. Thanks for posting photos as well guys.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Larry. Please let us know when the hut operators are back out on the ice. Hoping to get there soon! Huron. Thanks for posting photos as well guys.
I will send you photo’s like in previous years @Huron of ice hut’s again,once the ice conditions on long point bay improve to get back out on the ice.A photo from off the old cut which you likely have already seen,from my previous ice fishing trip from february 1/19.Also a couple of photo’s of 124141241512416my portable ice hut,from a sled mode,to a full size portable ice hut,enjoy,and hopefully others will post more ice hut’s for your collection.;):)?

Can anyone tell me if the shore ice is still solid. Are the huts at shore safe or should they pulled off?

It looks simalir to my clam 2000 I’ve had it about 10 years I think next year I’ll be looking for a new one , they don’t make the clam 2000 any longer and I’d like to still have something with a full floor

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks