LPB Friday Apr 20th

plowboy

so i ditched work today and spent it on the bay with my old man. we hit the water at 9:30ish and puttered out to EC10. nothing there so we started moving into old cut. we dropped anchor in 7-8 feet of water.

at about 3pm the wind calmed right down and like somebody hit a switch, the fish started hitting. oddly enough the fish started biting just after the majority of boats headed in. by about 4:30 it was time for us to call it a day. just as i got everything packed up i got a big bite. once i got it reeled in, i had a beautiful 6 or 7 pound smallmouth. one of the best i have ever caught, but she went back into the lake to make babies and for somebody else to catch

so in the end there where 20-30 good sized perch, 1 shrimp and 3 smallmouths that went back into the lake
2012-04-20173109.jpg

yep a great day, should have taken the picture but i thought of it after it went back. live and learn i guess

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks