Off Topic Lowrence hook 5/navionics

Quacker_Smacker

Bought a hook 5 with navionics card but the slot in the hook appears to be a micro sd and my nav card is a regular sd. Do I just buy a micro sd and copy the nav card over?

Are sure the Reg size Nav card doesn’t have a micro sd card in that u can take out

Newbie to fishfinder here just got my first one how does that navionics card work got to figure out rest of it yet but curious i have a hook 7 thx

I’m not sure what you asking. The nav card will give you contours of the bottom and tell you roughly what the depths are when you scan around the map. There are a lot of thing that the higher end finders will do but that’s the basic function as far as I know.

Just installed a hook7 yesterday and thought the same thing with the nav card. Then noticed it had a micro as well :)

Thx q.s looks like you have to download the lakes on it u want to use

Thx q.s looks like you have to download the lakes on it u want to use

Yupper, when you plug your active card in, it fires up their software. Download and install their updating software and pick and load the lakes you have an interest onto your card.

Go back again in future and download any updates that may have been submitted by subscribers so that you have the latest information available on your card.

Thx hvyhaul may learn how yo use these new fangled things yet

I installed my Hook 7 as well. I am curious about connecting the power wire. The unit wire gauge thickness is very thin. The old power wire gauge from my previous unit is very thick. This is the wire connected to the battery. I also have a fuse harness.
Do I attach the fuse harness where the new unit wire connects to the old power wire? Hope you understand what I am asking. Thanks.

Same as the old one, you can use part of the old one's wires or go all new, just make sure the connections are shrink wrapped for moisture and the fuse is rated for the new one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks